Thread: Jet engines!

Jet engines!

while watching you tube from here, I was scrolling and checking out some turbine boats, man they are fast as sh!t...
    it lead me to homemade jet engines, which look like huge turbos and some kind of tanks and lots of lines and valve. I never knew these things exsisted, it was way Kewl...
    Check it out, some of these people are nuts to be standing so close to these homemade things spinning in excess of 40-50,000 RPM`s...PR...

home built turbo jet engines have been around for a while.....they use car turbos to force air inside the big tube you are talking about which is the combusion chamber. There is a flame tube inside where the burn takes place with a series of holes drilled in it to induce a swirl pattern inside the tube and have even burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow04RXP View Post
    home built turbo jet engines have been around for a while.....they use car turbos to force air inside the big tube you are talking about which is the combusion chamber. There is a flame tube inside where the burn takes place with a series of holes drilled in it to induce a swirl pattern inside the tube and have even burning.
    I was all over You tube watching many vids, it was really cool to see other people building homeade jets...PR...

Thread Information