Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Riva intercooler and exhaust ?

Hey people, can you install the Riva intercooler if you already have the PPG power pipe installed? If so has anyone done this? any pics?...Thanks...PR...

+1
    PR I had asked this awhile back and no one really new, but I believe Jerry said he didn't think so.

Re: Riva intercooler and exhaust ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Hey people, can you install the Riva intercooler if you already have the PPG power pipe installed? If so has anyone done this? any pics?...Thanks...PR...
    Pale,

When I had my PPG power pipe installed I was running the RR Intercooler which is larger, lower to the hull, and from the pics of the Riva cooler, the RR plumbing is much longer and I had no problems at all. There was still plenty of room for the pipe. Since the power pipe is connected at the water box and tails all the way down towards the outlet, it would seem like the Riva would fit easily. Of course when I tried to get this info way back when from Riva, I was told "NO WAY," but then again Riva also told me that I could never run their thru-hull kit which proved to be totally false.

+1
    It was because PPG made there power pipe to work with the RR IC. I think the Riva IC's plumbing kit would be in the way.

+1
    To run the Riva IC you must go with a thru hull exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    There ya have it Pale. Dump the power pipe and go with the thru hull... :P I will admit though, I was happy with my PPG pipe, but when I got rid of it and went with the Nils/Mark thru hull kit, I was even happier. Now I have a PPG power pipe in my attic with all of my other non usable goodies.

Hey Jerry, how about if you buy all of our parts that we have yanked off of our doo's and give us credit for your new on line store. You know, the stock s/c impellers, stock impellers, stock ECU's and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Jerry, just curious, this was the same explanation that Riva gave me, but
    how does the Riva cooler/plumbing get in the way of the PPG pipe if everything is smaller? When you look at the size and the layout it does not make sense that it would not fit and it also shows that it sits above their power filter kit which is away from the PPG pipe. Compared to the RR intercooler which I have that literally sits near the bottom of our GTX's and practically on top of the power pipe, the Riva cooler looks to sit much higher. Could this be that they are referring to RXP hulls and not GTX hulls. There is tons of room in ours.

Jerry, you gotta give me the skinny, I needs a complete explanation man! I was looking at the 2 pics from your store between the RR IC and the Riva, can`t really see what`s going where, but take a look at my power pipe install and give it your best shot...PR...

The R&D air filter kit is not on at this time...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 01-11-2008 at 11:17 PM.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    reason being I THINK... riva IC kit comes with a bracket that gets installed into the pump studs frmo the inside of the hull and wraps around that corner to strap in the IC. the plastic IC plumbing won't budge and it formed ONE WAY only... and the stock exhaust side outlet would be in the way.

YOU CAN RUN A RIVA IC with the power pipe, BUT.... you would need to have your own custom intercooler plumbing kit made and no longer use the offshore bracket that straps the intercooler to the hull via the inside pump studs. there's PLENTY of room in that back corner of the ski, but you would need to relocate the intercooler further to the sponson sode of the hull to retain the stock exhaust side outlet with a riva pipe, which would require different plumbing.

this is my best guess... make sense? sound believable?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    PR's picture post jsut verified everything i said.... you can run the riva IC, but can't use their plumbing or use their offshore backet...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information