Some new mods to test tomorrow

I have done some new mods to my sporster 4-tec recently and will be going out on the water for the first time tomorrow to test them out. Only 2 performance mods: a 3" intake, and I have removed the exhaust resonator (sounds MUCH louder than stock) Some other little things are red led's under the console and kenwood marine speakers to replace the crappy clarions. I am going to try to pick up a GPS unit tomorrow and get the real speed, but I'll post up the mph and rpm's that result.
    Last edited by venompwr2; 05-13-2007 at 09:31 PM.

I just hope you have your rectifier well secured and being cooled somehow, that was the main source of all my problems with my home made intake.

I just got back, and the boat GPS'd 52.1mph (reading 38mph on the speedometer) with me and my friend on a full tank of gas. The boat really does sound pretty mean at 3-5k rpms with the exhaust resonator taken out, above that it sounds fairly the same just a little louder. Also pulling at 7,500rpms over stock at 7,100.

For the rectifier, I have it mounted near the airfilter and that seems to have worked fine. I touched it after 2 hours of riding and it was just mildy warm to the touch and no lights popped up on the dash, so I think its in a good place.

Next up is a new impeller and filling in the ride plate holes, hoping to hit 55mph which I'll be pleased with considering its 155hp.

I am glad to hear your rectifier is working ok, mine seems to be set to barbecue mode and could subsititute as a small hot dog grill. I know the fan will keep it cool, I just dunno how long it will last in there.

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterpimpin View Post
    I am glad to hear your rectifier is working ok, mine seems to be set to barbecue mode and could subsititute as a small hot dog grill. I know the fan will keep it cool, I just dunno how long it will last in there.
    I'm sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with it, hopefully you can get it straightened out soon.

Thread Information