Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help...My RXP keeps sinking...

well, subject says all.
    1st off i this is the 1st time i have really let it sit at a dock since ive had it.

i took it to the lake today and stoped to get some food for about 2 hours, i come back and my ski is up to the supercharger in water. It probably doent have anything to do with it but i recently installed a Riva grate and wedge, new wear ring.
    i put it back on the trailer and got it all out and all that, took it back out and let it sit anchored in 2-3 foot of water...same thing. plugs are in and all that. now when i had the pump off i did have the exhaust plastic pvc couper thing off. i turned it to see if it was tight and it turned like 1/8-1/4 more of a turn but i dont know if that was the problem. anyway i would like to get some thoughts.
    tommorow i will fill the hull up with some soapy water and see if its comes out anywhere. i was thinking possibly the carbon ring? i did have to play with the shaft to get the prop back on when i did the ring.
    i know my next mod is a bilge pump. thats for sure.
    thanks guys

leave it on the trailor, back it into the water, pop off the seat and see where water is comming in . and then go from there.

How many hours? What year? Sounds like the carbon ring!

2004, 98 [email protected] mach 1

I noticed this around 80 hours on my 04 RXP, we you are riding the hull stays empty of water due to the pressure or load. When it sits, there is no load, water creeps in. Make sure to replace the spring (tension) when doing this. A tip: don't spray lube directly at this area, it breaks the seal as well!

ehhh i dont wanna do carbon ring who has a magic wand i can borrow

where you located?

+1
    Carbon ring? Youid probably see it. OPAS sleeves + deffinate! I advise getting rid of OPAS just for this reason,,,leaks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedH23a1 View Post
    well, subject says all.
    1st off i this is the 1st time i have really let it sit at a dock since ive had it.

i took it to the lake today and stoped to get some food for about 2 hours, i come back and my ski is up to the supercharger in water. It probably doent have anything to do with it but i recently installed a Riva grate and wedge, new wear ring.
    i put it back on the trailer and got it all out and all that, took it back out and let it sit anchored in 2-3 foot of water...same thing. plugs are in and all that. now when i had the pump off i did have the exhaust plastic pvc couper thing off. i turned it to see if it was tight and it turned like 1/8-1/4 more of a turn but i dont know if that was the problem. anyway i would like to get some thoughts.
    tommorow i will fill the hull up with some soapy water and see if its comes out anywhere. i was thinking possibly the carbon ring? i did have to play with the shaft to get the prop back on when i did the ring.
    i know my next mod is a bilge pump. thats for sure.
    thanks guys
    leave it on the trailer tilt it up and fill the hull with water but not enough the reach the supercharger, you'll find your leak

is it normal to fill the hull with water and have a little water come outta carbon ring area its not alot but u can see some drips on the trailer? i wouldnt think so. i see water leaking at inside opas plate when i turn the steering too.. i was hoping that was it. also a little bit comming from exhaust exit area but not alot. should i keep it straped on the the trailer and back it into the water and check it out?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information