Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Oil leak

Oil leak

I notice yesterday after running my GPR i notice some oil was the bottom of my hull not that much but where i see i think its coming from is from the oil pan where the hose lead to to refill it where the clamp is. i check to make sure the clamp is on tight and looks fine. When it was shiped to me in the crate there was oil in the bottom of it clean it up and yesterday a lil bit more so im trying to think if there was still some in top of the hull and drain down yesterday.... but i will clean it up with some H7 and around the oil pan and see if it come from where it attach to or from top of the hull.

Is there anywhere should i check?
    Thanks

+1
    If there is ANY oil in the hull you need to figure out where it came from. Check all of the hoses on the tank and the pump. It wont be the easiest thing to do without pulling the exhaust but you need to be sure that it isnt any of the hoses going to or coming from the oil pump.

+1
    I don't know if you can see the injection hoses on the EFI boats going to the throttle bodies but I would take a hard look there. That would bug the hell out of me until I found it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanny View Post
    i think its coming from is from the oil pan where the hose lead to to refill it where the clamp is.
    Tanny, Mine leaked at that clamp as well. The problem is the one-way check valve that vents the tank. The pop-off is too great and the preasure forces the oil out at the fill hose.

I have removed, cleaned, tested & reinstalled. Still too much preasure.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...highlight=tank

So how can you set the valve for it to stop leaking over hate to see it messing up my hull

Will your 2007 not be warrantied?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NateGP1300R View Post
    Will your 2007 not be warrantied?
    nate i had that talk about another matter and he told me he's in the caymen island..i assume there no dealers there

We have yamaha dealer down here but for you to get warrenty you will have to purchase the waverunner tru them...it was way cheaper for me to bring it in myself like i did...but this morning i clean out the hull when im going to refill my oil pan should i leave some air in the oil pan and see if that works? When i got it was fill to the brim!

Wow, are you serious? I thought you could take your Yamaha watercraft to any Yamaha dealer and get warrantied service provided you're still covered. That's news to me.

Are you talking about the oil tank? Don't overfill it but you can fill it to the top.

Yup thats correct they wont offer you the warrenty they mostly operate in the fishing and outboard motors. they do not have a wide selection in the watercraft sections oil, life vest and pretty much it they order for your parts from riva for you thats about it. Back to my oil tank what steach was saying i think its the same problem he was having the pressure is causing it to like out tru where the clamp is lock onto the oil container.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information