RXP Fuel comsumption?

How many hours are yall normally getting out of a tank with your rxp's? This last weekend I rode mine mixed 45-50 cruise and some wide open and I only got 2 hours before the low fuel light came on. Is this normal?

could not edit the title....i need to go back to keyboarding class

If I hold wide open for about 300 yards a couple times a day along with 30-50 MPH riding, my fuel is well gone by the time to end the day, if not before. Not the best on gas..

Quote Originally Posted by beegle55 View Post
    If I hold wide open for about 300 yards a couple times a day along with 30-50 MPH riding, my fuel is well gone by the time to end the day, if not before. Not the best on gas..
    "well gone by the time to end the day" does not really tell me how many hours you are getting.....im not ready to end my day after 2 hours of riding

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow04RXP View Post
    "well gone by the time to end the day" does not really tell me how many hours you are getting.....im not ready to end my day after 2 hours of riding

it's a loaded question. I dont have an RXT but a RXP. I can make a tank last for three to four hours butyet i can burn it all in 1 hour. It's all depending on your thumb. I can go for a "ride"(50ish) and get probaly 2-3 hours of constant riding, maybe a little more.....but if a run ditches with the guys a ride like we stole em, then I am bone dry in a round bout 1 hour.

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    With normal cruising at 35-40mph with a couple WOT bursts (not more than a mile and usually less than 5 of those) I can almost milk 80-90 miles out of a tank of gas...

You could easily make that last the whole day depending on what you're doing (spring / beach hopping) or kill it in a little over a hour (WOT constantly)...

Plus salt water vs fresh and up stream vs downstream vs no current are all going to come into play as well...

I would say I can get in the 80-90 mile range. That is by running around doing 40-50 for the most time with say 5-10 WOT runs of less than 500 yards. Boy when you go WOT for a long length of time these babies are like old muscle cars You can almost watch the gas gauge drop

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_viper42 View Post
    I would say I can get in the 80-90 mile range. That is by running around doing 40-50 for the most time with say 5-10 WOT runs of less than 500 yards. Boy when you go WOT for a long length of time these babies are like old muscle cars You can almost watch the gas gauge drop
    I think that PWI rated it at 17 gph.
    It is a thirsty ski.

At WOT it is just over an hour.

Usually I can spend an entire weekend on 25 gallons, but I usually only ride in the mornings and drink beer the rest of the day. I enjoy the early morning (glass water) WOT runs for miles at a time, of course this eats the gas like you wouldn't believe.

Thread Information