Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Autronics

Autronics

Is anyone on here running Autroincs EMS on there 4-tech?

+1
    everything good??
    Talk to mmracing... he is familiar with it...

+1
    I am its hard to learn

I build Horsepower
    +1
    they market them soo they are dealer installed and tuned on there dynos. They do not want the internet forums to support their product like say a AEM ECU

Im a dealer for Autronics last 5 years. I sell a Honda Kit,. works well.

shawn

+1
    Dan call me when you have time!

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    not that is seems there a huge volume of forum members registered or may hits per day... but maybe autronic gurus and tech guys will help? ...

http://www.autronic.com/forum/

I build Horsepower
    +1
    the forum is for dealers, and advance questions Only. Ray Hull runs it..

you can join but play by the rules or Ray will correct you, and quickly.

Far as Web people (and not dealers) supporting their products Read this post from Ray and you will further understand their marketing..

shawn

2 post from Ray below:

The forum was originally setup for advanced technical support. To be an Autronic dealer you must support the customer during the additional installation and tuning. The forum can be used after this for information on more technical discussion.

Before you can get access to this forum you must show you own an Autronic ECU. I can see I am going to have to change it so the dealer confirms the ECU is installed and tuned before you get access.

To say the SM4 documentation is diabolical I take great offense to and I am sure MRM-Racing will feel the same as we both put, many hours into this manual and many people have commented how good it is. Over the next few months more information will be added as time allows.

The dealer you purchased the ECU from must provide you with technical support. Autronic do not sell ECU so the customer has to go to a fourm for basic installation support. We have dealers for this.

The Autronic is not distributed by retail shops like other make ECU. Example you can buy AEM over the counter and then go to their forum for support. I want the Autronic to be seen for what it is and not as just another option to the likes of AEM. We want to get away from customer installations.

The amount of customers who use this forum is a drop in the bucket to the amount of ECU sold. If I open up this forum and let it turn into a AEM forum, then we are going to have more and more people buying a ECU and coming to this forum for basic help. Who then provides the support.

If you look at what these people post, you will see they are answering customers questions. In most cases they did not sell the ECU. To make the forum open to basic setup questions will mean a lot more support will have to come from me and some of these dealers, if they are willing. As far as I am concerned I do not need more work.

We had a forum years ago that was open to the public and you could use it to install your ECU. What we found is many of the questions were being answered by other customers and the answers were often wrong. This just caused more headaches and the product getting a bad name. Also the customers would shop around for a lower price then the local dealer and then use the forum to do the installation.

By running the forum the way it is now, we have cut down on this practice and I have less customers I have to directly support.

As mentioned before, the idea for the forum was for more technical subjects, not to make more work for myself or other dealers. I also do not want it to turn end up like other forums which are just full of dribble. I have plenty of positive feedback on this forum with comments like "It is always on the subject" and "I do not have to wade through rubbish to find information"

+1
    hmm sounds exclusive....

I build Horsepower
    +1
    yes, and there is a reason.

thats how they market their product.

Shawn

+1
    Sounds more like Nazi Germany to me.... or the Soup Kitchen.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information