Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Glasses? Contacts?

Hey All,

Just wondering if anyone out there is as blind as me and really needs to be wearing contacts or glasses. Right now I wear glasses, haven't worn contacts in quite some time.

I'm trying to decide what I should do about this when out on the water. I obviously don't want to lose my glasses if I toss myself off playing around.

But I guess you can lose contacts from your eye if you hit the water fast enough.

What do you blind people wear?

Definately need something, cause I don't feel like crying at 65mph anymore and not being able to see haha

Dave

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Ive been wearing a pair of perscription Oakleys for years and have never had any problems with them. Go to their website and search for a local RX dealer near you. You will need a recent RX from your doc and then you pick your frame then they send info to Oakley and put you RX in frames. I noticed that even if you pick a wrap around lense Oakley rolls your RX to the sides so its not blurry. Hope this helps ya.....Mike ( one of the 3 Blind Mice)

I've got the very same issue. I wear glasses all the time except for snow and jet skiing. I always wear contacts and goggles or sunglasses for these sports. Better peripheral vision and less hassle. I've only lost 1 contact once and that was when I submarined into a swell big time and a wall of water ripped off my goggles. I've always carried an old extra pair of glasses (plus backup goggles) ever since. 60 mile an hour wind combined with salt spray into the contacts is no fun.

LOL

I'll check out the Oakley's. I've never really been a fan of wearing sunglasses. But will check it out.

I stopped wearing contacts a while back, I got an eye infection from some gunky water and messed me all up. Had a Chalazian(sp) kinda like a stye but under my eyelid. Couldn't wear them for a year so I never got them again. I don't know if I will have the same problem with the lump under my eyelid pushing my contact around or not.

Time to see the eye doctor and try it out, hopefully they won't charge me if they don't stay still in my eye? Who knows.

Thanks guys,

Any other suggestions?

You can order prescription goggles from Oakley that are specially designed for PWC (ie water) use. Remember though, you still have to bring your glasses if you plan on any breaks or pit stops. Imagine hanging out at a beach barbecue wearing goggles so you don't stumble into the firepit. They worked ok but I looked like a dork that day. The other option is to buy oversized goggles that are specifically designed to fit over glasses. Scott and Oakley both make good ones but they are designed primarily for skiing or motorcycling. This means that they have vents on the top. This prevents fogging but also allows in varying degrees of water depending on conditions and your bow spray. I've had good success with them so long as I stop periodically to wipe the lenses.

Smile lasik surgery...

get a vision...

I can't get Lasik....

I'm on flight status in the USCG, the only legal surgery for us is PRK, and I don't want to do that one lol.

I've always worn contacts with no problems. *shrug*

Yea, I think I am going to go get a new glasses script and pay out of pocket for new contact fitting and the lens'.

My g/f was with me this weekend and her contacts were fine. Hopefully I can get them this week if I have time!

i've worn contacts for 8+ years on my skis. i usually lose about 1 or 2 contacts a year on average. i've had them slide off/around my eyes many times but i ride my hx and superjet with them as well. i always have an extra set of contacts and glasses around just in case i were to lose both contacts at once.

i wear bomber glasses or goggles 95% of the time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information