RPM at WOT 00 GP800?

What max RPM should I be seeing at WOT on a 2000 GP 800?

Thanks.

Any mods? Factory tach or aftermarket? If it's completely stock you should be seeing around 7000 rpms on factory tach and 6850-6970 on an aftermarket tach. This is with the pump fully loaded and not unhooking (ie...running in choppy water at WOT).
    Mike
    Mods to engine and or pump/impeller will change everything.

Ski is totally stock with the exception of waveater clips. On the stock tach i am only seeing around 5500 but it is hard to see on the stock tach, could be closer to 6000. The ski is still running about 56 mph. I need to check my throttle adjustment for WOT as i had the carbs off over the winter but i am sure i checked that when i installed them. I recall last year that it was about the same speed and RPM. I just purchased the ski at the end of the summer last year. It has good compression and the cylinders looked great when i had the exhaust off to install the clips. What else could it be? You mentioned fully loading the pump, would a used up prop affect RPM?

Thanks.

is the 56mph gps'd/radared or on the dream-o-meter???? You really need to invest in a tiny tach or something else.....the stock tachs look pretty cool but are worthless when it comes to diagnosing problems or tuning. A steeper pitched prop would drop your rpms and potentially pick up speed on the top end....it depends on how much more pitch the trailing edge has.....a worn prop might show increased rpms but a drop in speed.
    Mike

Yes the mph is on the Dream O Meter. I will look into getting a real tach and see what it is doing. I am in need of a good prop also. What would you recommend for a stock 800?

Cheapest route would be to have Dave at Impros or someone else tweak your stock prop. Stay away from the Skat SSL props unless you do some engine work. A Solas Concorde 12/18 or so would probably what I'd run if I was going to stay stock motor and buy a new impeller. I'd say your real world speeds are probably 52-54mph at the rpms you said you were seeing. There is more speed in there.
    Mike

Thread Information