Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SC Lag ?

SC Lag ?

I now have 9 hours on my Ultra. She goes great but I've noticed something that seems weird. If I'm going WOT and then suddenly let go of the throttle there is an occasional lag. In other words, the engine rpms do not immediately drop. This only happens once in a while. This seems to be the exact opposite of turbo lag where the engine takes a moment to catch up with an accelerating throttle. Is this normal or possibly indicative of a malfunction? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    I now have 9 hours on my Ultra. She goes great but I've noticed something that seems weird. If I'm going WOT and then suddenly let go of the throttle there is an occasional lag. In other words, the engine rpms do not immediately drop. This only happens once in a while. This seems to be the exact opposite of turbo lag where the engine takes a moment to catch up with an accelerating throttle. Is this normal or possibly indicative of a malfunction? Thanks.
    Could be the smart steering...are you turning when you let off? Also I think if you are moving fast the rpms will say up due to water being forced through the pump.

Wink

Mine has done this also. I think it`s over boost. The S/C has a clutch that will allow the S/C to spin from momentum. I found if I let off and gas it once, the RPM will surge and the ski will lunge forward until the S/C settles down and boost drops. My 0.2 on this little anomaly..

It the stock Relief Valve. It doesnt open wide enough and fast enough to lower the throttle body pressure fast enough. If ran myself on the beach not paying attention to this issue.

Just remember to let off throttle way before you need to stop.

I felt what you were talking about today...I have never just let off before at full throttle...for some reason I always back off easy.

After feeling it I would agree with the other guys

Thanks for the feedback. Its good to know it wasn't just my imagination. I'm used to it now so I know how to be careful. My main concern is explaining how it works (on top of all the other safety instructions) to friends I let ride. I'm curious as to the etiquette you all observe letting friends (who are relatively inexperienced riders) try your ski. I've gotten more concerned about this as I've gotten bigger, faster and more expensive machines.

Wink

Thanks for the feedback. Its good to know it wasn't just my imagination. I'm used to it now so I know how to be careful. My main concern is explaining how it works (on top of all the other safety instructions) to friends I let ride. I'm curious as to the etiquette you all observe letting friends (who are relatively inexperienced riders) try your ski. I've gotten more concerned about this as I've gotten bigger, faster and more expensive machines.
    Use the slow key.....

+1
    Disconnect the smart steering sensor.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1

I let them ride the 15f,lol

+1
    Ask for a 13,000.00 check and if they return it undamaged tell them they can have the check back. You will have very few who will want to ride it then. Most don't understand the cost of a "toy" like we have.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information