Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

help with 1300efi

Just woundering if someone could shed some light on my problem. I just had my ski rebuilt with new clys and pistons because I was losing rpms. While I had my ski apart I had TJ do some porting for me, in which I am very pleased with. He talked me into doing the updated pump swop and with some talking with the rpm range I was looking for I went with a 15-23 prop. The best rpms I got was 6940 once my first tank of gas then started to fall. I ran this ski for the second time to try a different efi setting 7,7,6,6, and couldn't get it to run better then 6740rpms even with me moving my settings around. My ski seems to be running very rick smokes like crazy and loads up bad. I notice that my red light on the efi controller flashs periodacly but doesn't stay on. O.k. thinking that maybe the controller is bad, so I disconnect it plug back to stock ski runs much better then with controller and turn 7020 rpms. I was talking with tj and he thinks that I should be turning around 7150 or so. Any suggestions to were I might begin . Here is a list of things I have done so far.
    riva efi
    riva d-plate
    riva race filter
    fercho jet works mod
    fercho timing key with vf3 reeds
    r&d head to TJ specs
    cat chip
    pro tech ride plate
    riva free flow
    tiny tach
    gpr 800 intake grate
    TJ porting
    I hate to keep calling TJ for answers because I know he is busy and he's to nice of a guy to tell me to go hell. any imput would be great thanks.

+1
    iam running 6,7,8,8 tj port 14/24prop 7200 rpm before Ross sonic throttle bodies and 7300-7310 now

n8r do you have the efi controller or r&d . Were do you think my rpm are? could it be in my controller?

+1
    i have the Riva.. get with WFO he knows the EFIs to a tee. me i just do as Iam told

+1
    Check the linkage on the PV's,make sure there isnt slack in the couplers.Also,they might be out of adjustment.One more thing,have you tried to lean out #3 pot yet? Try 6-7-7-8 then get an rpm reading, try turning #3 down from 7 to 6 and see if rpm's come up.If they do,your going the right way.Always start rich,then come back down.
    Last edited by WATER WOODY; 05-14-2007 at 10:38 PM.

went from 1 -9 with no real change maybe 20rpms red led light doesn't stay on why is this

+1
    Check your ground.Make sure its grounded good. If you know someone close to you with another EFI,try it out.

I had an EFI controller go out, and the ski ran like crap. I wouldn't suggest running the ski without the controller, after all the work you have had done to it.

When My controller went out RIVA, looked up the serial number on my EFI and told me weather or not it was still under warrenty. It was not, but they sold me a new one for only about 175.

James

+1
    The red light must stay on when at WOT or you will burn it up.

Concentrate on the controller issue first IMO

+1
    I had my ground wire from my head bolt come out of the clip.

No light on bottom or mid and ski was bogging from being lean on bottom and mid. my high speed worked even with out the ground so I turned the crossover way down so high speed would come on sooner and finished my ride.

At idle light should come on. (red) Check ground wire.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information