+1

Performance Parts Reviews

I dont want this to turn into a bashing on a company or there claims but I would like to start this thread to list your experience with performance parts good or bad I would hope that the right people might read them and address some of the issues (if any) to make better products for us ( if this would be better in a general section where all makes can participate then please move it)

here is the reasons I am starting this

1: Riva Finger throttle- if you use the extensions then the OEM cover will not go on atleast mine will not it adds about 3" and my cover does not have any extra room, the newer ones may, also I have instsalled 3 of PPG`s finger throttles and they allow you to use the chrome cover and looks factory the Riva one does not allow this and on one side it is chorme and the throttle side is a flat black I just think it could be better for the price

2: Riva`s intercooler- I understand that things happen and Riva has no controll over how we treat things but I am not the only one to have one leak mine has less than 15 hours on it and I am having to get a new one again I know things happen but I would like to see some allowence givin for the one`s that fail after all they are expensive to start with I did talk to Riva and they did help me a little but it was still painfull when I know how I treat my stuff

I have a few more things to list but I would like to see what you guys thing about starting a thread like this if you post please include a review on a part(s)

Banned User
    +1
    My RXP I bought used had the Riva extentions, and I too had an issue with the cover...I desided to remove the extentions because it did not fit my riding style...Upon removal of the extensions, it took a long time because of corrosion...Yup, the stainless bars did not like the anodized inserts, and therefore corroded like a battery terminal would...white power everywhere, adn was a BEYOTCH to remove...After an hour fight, I got them off...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    My RXP I bought used had the Riva extentions, and I too had an issue with the cover...I desided to remove the extentions because it did not fit my riding style...Upon removal of the extensions, it took a long time because of corrosion...Yup, the stainless bars did not like the anodized inserts, and therefore corroded like a battery terminal would...white power everywhere, adn was a BEYOTCH to remove...After an hour fight, I got them off...
    You riding style? How about your arm length? I couldn't turn the RXP without it hitting my thigh Jabba! Did you have fun removing the loctite screw underneath the throttle? I don't think you have a style, it's just plain nuts!

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    You riding style? How about your arm length? I couldn't turn the RXP without it hitting my thigh Jabba! Did you have fun removing the loctite screw underneath the throttle? I don't think you have a style, it's just plain nuts!
    I don't sit like an old man! Loctite? what loctite? oh yea, that stuff that stunk when I broke out the torch!

I highly recommend Pirhana Parts, customer service as well as there products are great.
    I also highly recommend GH "green wheel" good deal and great product.
    I also highly recommend everything in the 4tec-performance store no ski is complete without one (or more) of everything in there.
    I also highly recommend therapy and intervention for addicts such as myself.
    Last edited by The Bandit; 05-14-2007 at 11:59 PM.

Best bang for the buck IMO!

Thread Information