Ride plate skegs

Does anyone have any idea how these would be on the jet boats? I am curious to try anything that will add to the speed and performance of my boat but I dont want to cause any negative handling characteristics. But I am mostly concerned with these coming off if I did purchase them.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=382

well I can tell ya right now if I put them on my boat they will come off,
    I dont care who puts them on, my luck will have them off after 1 ride, unless they can be welded somehow, that MIGHT hold

I would actually think they would help the boats just as well if not moreso than the skis, assuming they would stay attached. If someone wants to send me some I will be happy to test their durability and effect!

hmmmm I wonder if they could be made out of aluminum ( that is what the rideplate is made of im guessing?) then tig welded on..........

I dont see how they'd stay attached to anything well enough, unless you could, as you said, weld them on or somehow bolt them on. Not sure I want to spend $100 to test it and lose them.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    don't know why you all think they're going to fall off anyhow. mine stay on my RXP just fine. You guys hit logs frequently?

I dont hit anything, but I seem to have the worst luck with things breaking,snapping or otherwse popping off. Lesse, the list is currently at ALL the seats, the grab handles, the console, the floatation foams, the battery tray, 2 different style of rectifier mounts, the bilge fan, the bilge pump, speaker grills, misc bolts and screws, and probably more I cant think of right now. And I ride on a lake with what I would consider somewhat mild chop most of the time. I dunno if its my luck, boat built on a bad day, or just a boat issue in general, but either way I would just about put money on the skegs coming off my boat unless they were welded in place.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar

Talking

ahhhhh gotcha....

yup, you'd better stick with the welding idea then

I feel like they would come off eventually from doing a lot of quick high speed turns. Our boats weigh a bit more than the skis do and it just seems like if they are only held on with epoxy that it could snap them off some how.

+1
    Hi guys, they are actually made from billet aluminum and can be welded on if you feel the need. The epoxy i recommend is some very good stuff and you need a 2 pound hammer and a chisel to knock them off. These have been tested to 90 mph on a RXP and hold just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Hi guys, they are actually made from billet aluminum and can be welded on if you feel the need. The epoxy i recommend is some very good stuff and you need a 2 pound hammer and a chisel to knock them off. These have been tested to 90 mph on a RXP and hold just fine
    Then I may be purchasing these in the near future also- I'm also very into cars and have to weigh the boat and car mods back and forth....hmmm

Thread Information