Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R-Rated intake

+1

R-Rated intake

R-rated has a new intake listed on it's web site. $235.00
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	airintake.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	24795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	airintakenofilter.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	24796  

Works great
    Less noise then other intakes
    Easier to install

Improved performance over stock.

Wink

Not for $235.00. That`s a total rip-off.
    You can make one for 50 bucks.

Thumbs up hé hé hé ;-)

Skip.....
    Don't be too hungry!!
    This forum is about free, cheap, and efficient mods isn't it ?

I ve done this mod 1 month ago. You re on the good way.
    Hooo by the way, the R&D block off....is also a mod i ve done weeks ago..

Don't spend too much money on your ultra... the best bang for money is training hard on the rough...

C.Baffie
    Ultra +72 pmh

Name:	IMG_1337.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	24819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1338.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	24820   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1340.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	24821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1341.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	24822   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1342.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	24823   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1334.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	24824  

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Here Here!....A little ingenuity goes a long way and saves big bucks on basic stuff. Most of this stuff is not rocket science, rather common sense. Whooper....It sure would be nice if you were to post your mods with pics similar to how Ultra250TN has twice now. Can you make the time? Your speed is up there too! What GPS do you have and is it mounted? I'll be glad to post mods on mine.....but right now it's still bone stock and have only 6hrs on it currently....waiting for wedge and shop manual, oil filters before i do anything to it. What is crystal clear is that fresh cool air needs to get to the intake. This is where i will probably focus first with wedge and pump area.

Thumbs up common sense...and experience

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Here Here!....A little ingenuity goes a long way and saves big bucks on basic stuff. Most of this stuff is not rocket science, rather common sense. Whooper....It sure would be nice if you were to post your mods with pics similar to how Ultra250TN has twice now. Can you make the time? Your speed is up there too! What GPS do you have and is it mounted? I'll be glad to post mods on mine.....but right now it's still bone stock and have only 6hrs on it currently....waiting for wedge and shop manual, oil filters before i do anything to it. What is crystal clear is that fresh cool air needs to get to the intake. This is where i will probably focus first with wedge and pump area.

I'm afraid i won't be able to share every thing. I wish i could but the race world is too small and very reactive as well. Plenty of french pilots are on this website, and i have to keep some distance to be still competitive...

I have a stalker pro. But speed for me is not as important as efficiency, especially in the rough. Unless you plan to race on flat water..., forget about the wedge. Work on your plate, and stock sponsons as well..

best regards

Name:	IMG_1317.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	24835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1321.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	24836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1331.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	24837   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1332.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	24838   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1333.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	24839  

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Whooper View Post
    I'm afraid i won't be able to share every thing. I wish i could but the race world is too small and very reactive as well. Plenty of french pilots are on this website, and i have to keep some distance to be still competitive...

I have a stalker pro. But speed for me is not as important as efficiency, especially in the rough. Unless you plan to race on flat water..., forget about the wedge. Work on your plate, and stock sponsons as well..

best regards
    great mods man, just wondering dont we need to add more fuel before blocking off the bov completly? also how did you do the mod underneath the back seat to allow more air to escape? i was going to machine out that little storage tray what do you think?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1

best regards

See thats the difference I (and a lot others) are recreational riders, I dont race, I just like to be as fast as possible with out have reliabilty problems and can run good speeds in the rough.My last ski was a 69.7 mph Ultra 150, sure I could have threw a few thousand more $ at it and been well over 70 mph, but I didnt want to have problems, push 'em to the limit with out breaking 'em .

Wink realibility

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    See thats the difference I (and a lot others) are recreational riders, I dont race, I just like to be as fast as possible with out have reliabilty problems and can run good speeds in the rough.My last ski was a 69.7 mph Ultra 150, sure I could have threw a few thousand more $ at it and been well over 70 mph, but I didnt want to have problems, push 'em to the limit with out breaking 'em .

That's what i understood..it s no problem for me at all, and i like sharing as much as i can. I do appreciate your investment.

But as recrational riders, you might consider that some stuff might work, that we already have tested, and appeared to bring negative effect.. That's why i told you once, i'm not going to loose my time convincing anyone about good tips.

As far as reliability is concerned, you must fix the cap, reinforce underneath the intercooler, with an alumnium plate ( the support of the intercooler breaks, and the exhaust pipe tends to hit the hull at that point: (migh mill the hull).
    Some cracks may appear on the external side of the hull (gelcoat), such as the RXT, but seam to be normal so far...

Best regards

Name:	IMG_1339.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	62.7 KB 
ID:	24917   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	valas%20f%205083%20copie.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	24918  

Skip.....
    Don't be too hungry!!
    This forum is about free, cheap, and efficient mods isn't it ?

I ve done this mod 1 month ago. You re on the good way.
    Hooo by the way, the R&D block off....is also a mod i ve done weeks ago..

Don't spend too much money on your ultra... the best bang for money is training hard on the rough...

C.Baffie
    Ultra +72 pmh
    Lets get some things straight.

First with the amount of BurgerKings and McDonalds no American goes hungy especially me. I test fast food as much as my Ultra.

Second this forum is not about free mods. Its about safe mods. Your set up is asking for problems as the air intake sits just under the seat. The seat has been proven to leak in water. So the chances for water injestion are greater.

As far as training hard on the rough. Well Ive been working hard and am ranked 4th in the Nation for Expert R/A Open class as of 5-16-07. http://www.apbaracing.com/hp_expert07.html
    Pretty hard to hang with such heavily modified boats and these guys are fast.
    What I spend and how I train should not be so much of your concern. Then again with that special picture of all your trophies then we should all just cower down and take your word as the only one that has credibility.

Most of the members here have real jobs and families. So spending hrs in the garage takes time away from that.

I for one dont like spending all day in the garage. I could go to work make the money I know how to and buy the part and still come out with more money in the bank then wasting the day trying to figure it out. {deep breath}

My vision of this forum is for myself was to buy-it, try-it, review-it. If that is not what you and others want then Ill gladly stop. Its getting to be a pain going over the same stuff again and again.
    Last edited by Skips313; 05-16-2007 at 07:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information