Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

03 GTX SC problem

My waverunner has around 40 hours on it now and when I take off from a start, it just revs up and doesn't grab like it should. I did some reading and it seems like it could be the wear ring. Is this correct. What is the plastic housing problem. I called the dealer and said it is probably the wear ring also and said it's not covered under warranty. Is it normal to not be covered by warranty. Also, is $250.00 too much to pay for the wear ring to be fixed.

+1
    It sounds like the wear ring. The plastic ones are about $40-60 so it shouldn't cost $250 unless your dealer is charging $200 for labor. There's a how-to on the site and it will direct you through the process in order to do it yourself.

yea do it yourself and save the money for gas or mods

How about the pump housing. Will that need upgraded even though it is all stock with no extra power? Debating if I should sell the ski or not. Starting to get expensive and too many other toys.

Where can I find the "how to" wear ring replacement directions. Looked and saw the freezer method but is there anything else to help me out?

Hey thanks man. Is $250 too much to pay a dealer. What all are you guys paying.

+1
    We don't pay
    The overall majority of us do it ourselves. Like I said in my 1st response, the plastic wear rings are about $40-60. Buy the ring and save yourself the $200 on labor!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    We don't pay
    The overall majority of us do it ourselves. Like I said in my 1st response, the plastic wear rings are about $40-60. Buy the ring and save yourself the $200 on labor!
    its very simple to do, if your hellbent on this sport, then you'll have to go into that pump on a regular basis, as moving parts need regular maintinance, just my tuppence

If he has the plastic pump, I`m pretty sure there is a slightly dif procedure to replace wear ring, aren`t there 2 little screws that hold the ring from spinning in the plastic pumps?...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information