Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry O&A suspended for 30 days!

Opie and anthony get suspended for thirty days because a homeless guy says he wants to do Condy Rice. WTF is this World coming to? WTF happened to free speech? This Country is going to hell in a hand basket...

+1
    The problem is that everybody is to f****** sensitive these days. Just like the volleyball team scenario.....give me a break....

condo rice = yak

now Jessica Alba and yay! ...PR...

isn't the point of paid radio (xm and sirius) that you can listen to uncensored shows like howard, o&a, comedy, ect?

That was on Satellite?! Oh man the FCC (assuming they're the ones that issued the suspension) are in for a big time backlash. Or was this on the regular radio? I can maybe understand if it was regular radio, but ummm not really. More than likely it's a PR (not pale rider) stunt to get their names in the media. Here in Dallas they have been yanked because for a ratings period they actually had a 0.0 rating (meaning no one cared what they were saying) and their highest was something like 0.5.

I miss Jim Norton, but that's about it lol

They were suspended by XM I think. Just a thought......It may have had something to do with the merger between the two sat companies that is trying to pass thru gov't right now & them goofing on the buds of the people who make the decisions needed to make the deal go thru?

It definitely sucks to see censorship move to the pay services. If I was cable TV, I'd be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by qbzonk View Post
    They were suspended by XM I think. Just a thought......It may have had something to do with the merger between the two sat companies that is trying to pass thru gov't right now & them goofing on the buds of the people who make the decisions needed to make the deal go thru?

It definitely sucks to see censorship move to the pay services. If I was cable TV, I'd be concerned.
    you hit the nail right on the head....That and the slow but sure pussification of America..

I love the fact that FX is throwing the FCC a big ol' finger. They love the 9 o'clock obsenity laws. 9 on the dot they start shows with **** being dropped pretty regularly.

Anyone else love how much we can get away with and pass the buck to someone else because we don't have to take accountability for ourselves anymore? When's the IRS going to allow this? "No, it wasn't my fault I couldn't pay that credit card for 10g's that was "forgiven" it was the company that fired me so I had no income to pay the bill. Make them pay!"

+1
    I've been in radio over 20 years now...What pisses me off is they were just joking....just like Imus was....Christ, Imus has been doing that type of show for 30 years....all of a sudden it's offensive???

The fcc can only enforce "indecent" material(aka:stern) they have no control over something that may be deemed "offensive" nor do thay have any control over pay entertainment(satellite,hbo,ect)

O&A f'ed up because it became racial(same way Imus did) if they were talking about doin some white chick, nobody would have gave a crap....If O and A don't get canned, they're lucky,cause guaranteed, Sharpton's is going to pressure them the same way he did msnbc and cbs radio to can them.

I'm not a racist in any way shape or form, but something ain't right when a jack bag like sharpton can make huge corporations like cbs and nbc shake in their boots over an innocent joke.

Its a slippery slope we're on....guaranteed our forefathers are rolling over in their graves.

rant over

good rant kaybat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information