knock sensor up date

i have a 04 rxp that never had the knock sensor up date ok when its done what do they do, i know u add the piggy back harness & they hook buds 2 the ecu 2w add the update but besides these 2 things what else is changed i have a rr stock class ecu i thought the update was in 2 the ecu so when i put the rr ecu in i added the piggy back harness 4 the knock sensor update but the ski only ran 8150 r's with a code p- 0326 so i took the piggy back wireing harness off & she went 2 8350 rpm & no more code so my question is what else is change when the knock sensor is added because the way i under it the rr stock class ecu is suppose 2 have the knock sensor update done 2 the ski

+1
    all they do is update the ECU and install the harness...

that what i thought, my 04 rxp never had the knock sensor up date done the rr stock class ecu need the up date so i been told, the up date should b in the rr ecu right the the only thing i would need 2 do is add the up date harness which i did, took it out and 8150 r's code p-0326 (nock sensor out of range) took the harness off & like i said no more code & 8300-8350 rpm thats why i'm thinking when the up date is done it also changes something else in the system if not, i dont want 2 do the update on my rxp if i dont haft 2

anybody with experience on the rr stock class ecu on a 04 rxp would like some imput

+1
    if its working without the harness installed then dont worry about it...

yea maybe but i'm thinking there power not being made at least that what mitch thinks + i would like 2 know 4 sure, the ski should b faster on top scot's ski a 04 rxp with the knock sensor up date done rr srock class ecu a-kit stock i/c is 75 at 8400 i'm at 8300 a little low on r's but i'll fix that with a 82 ring riva i/c riva s3 s/c 4'' rear intake i should b 77-78+ not 75 i would have thought some one here would have run into this before because from what i'm seeing more is change than the ecu & adding the extra harness because if that is it my rr stock class ecu should run better with the knock harness added which it doesnt so something else has to b change, also i would like 2 know what it is

+1
    i fixed my knock sensor code and RPMs stayed the same, , just ride the thing...

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    i fixed my knock sensor code and RPMs stayed the same, , just ride the thing...
    did u have the rr stock class ecu

+1
    no but i am sure it doesnt matter which ecu or not, they are all still taking the same reading from the sensor...the harness is only to make the sensor more sensative.

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    no but i am sure it doesnt matter which ecu or not, they are all still taking the same reading from the sensor...the harness is only to make the sensor more sensative.
    it does make a difference on 04-05 rr ecu (8600 r's) u need 2 take the wireing harness update off on the 04 if the knock sensor up date been done & on the 05 u haft 2 cut it out of the wireing harness now as far as i know on the rr stock class the say u need the knock sensor, now from what i'm finding out when u do the up date it also changes the mpin i know of a 05 rxp which had a rr stock class ecu & the guy was told to cut the knock sensor out of the wireing harness like u would do the rr 8600 rpm ecu & it wouldn't run right used a 04 up date harness & it took off so from this it has 2 b more than the ecu & wireing harness up date it has 2 b in the mpin also

Thread Information