Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question on 06 rxp rpm's???

Just put my new 06 rxp in the water this past weekend and as i was told from a bunch of guys on here i broke it in hard but made sure to vary the rpm's. My question is after about 3 hours i tried a few seconds of wot and i was only seeing 7780 at best for my rpms is this normal for a new ski at first or is there something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Brueskerxp06 View Post
    Just put my new 06 rxp in the water this past weekend and as i was told from a bunch of guys on here i broke it in hard but made sure to vary the rpm's. My question is after about 3 hours i tried a few seconds of wot and i was only seeing 7780 at best for my rpms is this normal for a new ski at first or is there something wrong?
    There are many things that affect RPM so don't immediately think something is wrong. When your RPM drop to under 7000 then you have a major problem on your hands.

Others will chime in but here are a few possible causes of low RPM:
    elevation
    heat soak
    clutch slipping
    damaged prop
    impeller cone sliding up driveshaft
    *Try a search on causes of RPM loss also.

If I were you I wouldn't worry about it. You only have 3 hours on your ski, so it's still loosening up. It will continue to grow stronger. My RXP didn't fully open up until after the first 10 hours. Worry less ride more.

Thats extactly what i got before i took it in for the 10hr service. Dealer told me 85% throttle cap until the first service on 06 model and newer.. dont know if he knew what he was talkin about but after the first service i was turning 8100rpms with huge increase in acceleration and few mph up top

first thing to check is if the oil level is too high, dealers are notorious for overfilling. your manual will tell how to do it.

Thanks guys for all your help so far but please keep the ideas and help coming.. i also have another question to add to this topic... since it is still a very new ski should i be giving it wot already like i was instructed on one of my earlier threads??

+1
    It's all in the mpem/ecu. The ski runs in Tard mode till the 10hr mark where it is then wide open. You'll notice a gradual increase in rpms per every hr. you log. @ 8 hrs you'll see about 7900-8000 rpm. At 6 hrs I got 7800 rpm on my '06. You'll be ok. Just ride!

+1
    Since it is still a very new ski should i be giving it wot already like i was instructed on one of my earlier threads??
    Not for a long period...Maybe 5-10-25 seconds at a time. You can't hurt it thats why BRP put the Tard mode in the ignition.
    I was running WOT for extended periods at 6hr & up & I got 69mph with only the Flat Opas block offs on & everything else was stock after the 10hr & service done.

+1
    Thanks guys for all your help so far but please keep the ideas and help coming.. i also have another question to add to this topic... since it is still a very new ski should i be giving it wot already like i was instructed on one of my earlier threads??
    WOT I would of been doing that from day one!

Sorry i meant 8000rpms not 8100rpms, you'll be fine

+1
    From day one i have seen 8120....My buddys 06 is turning 8180 at 6 hours

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information