Syracuse, NY

Question Brand New 2007 help!!!

Hey, First timer here!

Just purchased a 2007 150 (155hp)... and pick it up today. Its actually my first boat (had a sea doo lrv jetski before). And I was hoping I could get some help here, since it really is the first boat ive ever driven.

I hear everyone talking about the "break-in" period... can anyone tell me exactly how to break in a boat, and for how long?

Also, how is the factory sound system on this... and if I wanted to just change the deck, would it be difficult? I've changed a car deck before, can this one be any harder??

And any other tips for a first time... wish i got the supercharged one, but gotta start somewhere i guess...

Tampa Bay
    Congratulations on your new purchase! I am new too, therefore I dont want to give you any bad advice....for my new 2007 RXP I just kept it at max 3/4 throttle, keep it clean and lubed, check levels, watch gauges, note any abnormalities and take it to your dealer at 10 hours, but make sure they do a complete maintenance job like a 50 hour....not that useless 10 hour inspection and oil change.
    There is a ton of guys on this forum that can tell you a lot more. They know their chit.

Tampa, FL
    Congrats on the new boat. Just take it easy for the first few times the steering around the dock can be tricky. You will learn the handling of the boat pretty quick. The boat you bought is a fun boat to run around in. I am on my second one and still love how the boat does what you want it to. Have fun.

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    South Jersey

The most important thing is to vary your speeds. Don't stay at one speed for to long period of a time. Run at different speeds. Just take it easy and don't beat up on it. I would let the engine cool down and take breaks if possible.
    Have funnn.....

Thread Information