Yamaha 1.8 4 stroke conversion questions

Have a couple questions I haven't seen a dressed.
    Looking at doing a 1.8 conversion in my gp1300r hull. Not sure if I'll be doing vxr, fx ho n/a conversion, or if I'll end up with fzr, fzs, sho conversion. As of now I don't have a donor ski or engine.

But now to the questions:
    Will the stock gp1300r cluster work without having to fit the newer clusters.

Will the 1300r steering angle sensor work? Don't mind if I have to change plugs but will it physically work the same?

Will an older model vx accelerator position sensor work? Cable as well.

Need to clarify on pump. For gpr hull the fx sho mid bearing, mid shaft, driveshaft, and complete pump. ?

Stock transom plate needs water passages opened up, or will the transom plate from any of the 1.8 ski's bolt up with no mods. Maybe fx ho? As it already has larger water lines.

Electrical box mounting? Where is everyone putting theirs? I'm not keeping the rear storage bin and relocating the battery so looking for where the electrical fits and gas enough length in the harness to reach everything.

+1
    See below in red
    Quote Originally Posted by slociviccoupe View Post
    Have a couple questions I haven't seen a dressed.
    Looking at doing a 1.8 conversion in my gp1300r hull. Not sure if I'll be doing vxr, fx ho n/a conversion, or if I'll end up with fzr, fzs, sho conversion. As of now I don't have a donor ski or engine.

But now to the questions:
    Will the stock gp1300r cluster work without having to fit the newer cluster not that I know of. your going to need the gauge from the dono ski

Will the 1300r steering angle sensor work? Don't mind if I have to change plugs but will it physically work the same?I used the fx sensor in mine

Will an older model vx accelerator position sensor work? Cable as well. no idea sorry

Need to clarify on pump. For gpr hull the fx sho mid bearing, mid shaft, driveshaft, and complete pump. pick your poison, some use seadoo pumps with adapters, some use GPR HO pumps and others use the SVHO pump which IMO is the best pump choice of all of them.

Stock transom plate needs water passages opened up, or will the transom plate from any of the 1.8 ski's bolt up with no mods. Maybe fx ho? As it already has larger water lines. just open the stock transom up and call it a day

Electrical box mounting? Where is everyone putting theirs? I'm not keeping the rear storage bin and relocating the battery so looking for where the electrical fits and gas enough length in the harness to reach everything.
    ​most of us are hanging the Ebox off of the midwall or the stock battery box

+1
    On the first GPRSHO we did here we used the GPR cluster and steering sensor. You will only get the fuel gauge and check engine light working.

Well the cluster thing sucks. Bruce on son of showtime supposedly used stock 1300r cluster but said some reprogramming, wich is probably a riva thing only. Thanks for replies guys appreciated.
    Anyone know hp and tq specs on these engines as well as engine weight?

So I scored a 2013 fx sho for a donor. So a few more questions.
    Anyone doing the exhaust modification as a service?

The off throttle steering sensor where do I mount the fx sho one or can I use the one that's on the 1300r steering shaft. I would prefer this.

Water line routing, all stock engine and aftercooler, is there any alternative or dedicated water line routing, do I need to add a pisser for the aftercooler.

Reverse sensor and magnet. Attach magnet to sensor and tie it up somewhere or do the resistor

Gauge cluster how to mount it and make it fit. It's gigantic. I've read every gpr sho conversion on here.

So I scored a 2013 fx sho for a donor. So a few more questions.
    Anyone doing the exhaust modification as a service?

The off throttle steering sensor where do I mount the fx sho one or can I use the one that's on the 1300r steering shaft. I would prefer this.

Water line routing, all stock engine and aftercooler, is there any alternative or dedicated water line routing, do I need to add a pisser for the aftercooler.

Reverse sensor and magnet. Attach magnet to sensor and tie it up somewhere or do the resistor

Gauge cluster how to mount it and make it fit. It's gigantic. I've read every gpr sho conversion on here.

Thread Information