Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good News!

Good News!

took the boat out today to test my latest version of the intake and rectifier setup, I think it is safe to say what I have done (thought not entirely pretty) works like a champ! Having the rectifier bolted to the frame piece prevented it from moving and the fan I attached to it is staying perfectly and keeping it nice and cool.

Also the power pipe sounds INCREDIBLE in the water, I just love it and I dont know what people are talking about saying its too loud, the look on peoples faces at the dock when I start her up is priceless, the boat actually sounds pretty mean now. I cant imagine how a thru hull sounds but since I refuse to cut the hull I guess I will never know.

I am turning 8100-8200 rpms and am probably in need of an impeller now, I raced my buddys brand new honda turbo jetski and though he jumped about 1-2 ski lengths I managed to hold him after that til he shut it down, I might have actually been gaining a bit since the water was slightly choppy but it was hard to tell. He was riding solo (i think he said he was at a half tank) and I had my brother in the boat and a full tank of gas. Needless to say im pleased, but I need to lessen my launch cavitation and maybe gain another 1mph with a good impeller.

Is there any reason I shouldnt just go with a 13/19 impeller over the 11/19 I had almost convinced myself to get? I suspect I will be revving to high with the 13/18 like Vx1 has, but I decided I do want a bit more out of the hole thrust while getting at least 1mph on top.

I wish I knew the answer to this. I tell ya, the 13/18 couldn't be more perfect for a stage 1 setup (4" intake), but I know I'll be going green with the SC impeller, so I wish I just got the 19 pitch. I feel like I have a good handle on the difference between what a ?/18, ?/19, or ?/20 pitch would do to performance, so I don't know why I haven't been able to grasp the difference between the lower pitch numbers, 11/?, 13/?, or 14/?. I can only guess that with a lighter ski, 14 is a good match, but a heavier boat would prefer a smaller initial bite (11 or 13) to get things moving better. So then, a performance-modded boat will have more torque to be able to take a larger bite without slowing the engine down, and would benefit from having a higher angle on the leading edge to bite more water during each revolution. If this is true (and I'm not sure it is?), then a modded boat would rather have a 13/19 or 14/19, rather than a 11/19.

For some reason i thought you had a 155 hp boat, not the 215..

Well if all goes ok on the washer replacement which at this point I am not feeling really good about, I will look into the 13/19. Somewhere down the road I will want an sc impeller to, but I am getting very very frustrated, it seems everytime I manage to get a little happiness about something related to the boat it all comes crashing down.

+1

Smile

Hi guy this is what i have done on my 2006 sportster 215 Impeller solas 13/18 + 2mm Rotax Racing new SC wheel from MARK U 4 inch intake Rotax Rracing WASHERS with slipes at 110 inch lbs power flow exhaust RPM at 8100 and GPS at 61mph

Thanks Ironhead, that helps a lot. You're running exactly were I want to be. I've got:

Solas 13/18 (not yet tweaked)
    Stainless steel wear ring
    4" fresh air intake

and and average 58 GPS at 8100rpms. It's good to know, that with my new washers and impeller, I could be over 60 with a little work on my 13/18.

-Scott
    '07 Speedster 150 (SCIC, of course)

Hey, sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly is a power-flow exhaust? is it just a replacement for the resonator, or a real aftermarket exhaust kit?

Thanks

Well there are 2 different exhaust replacement things on this store here for the removal of the stock resonater, the one I have called the ppg power pipe as I recall replaces the whole rubber hose coming from the water box over to the exhaust exit, which also removed the resonator at the same time. It is a high quality mandrel bent piece and sounds fantastic. The other cheaper piece of pipe just removes the resonater only and leaves the long rubber hose coming from the waterbox as stock.

James- How was the power pipe install? And, would you be able to elaborate on the sound vs. stock more? Am I going to piss off the neighbors or not be able to here the stereo?

Thanks-

Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information