Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

coolant additive

I touched on this before way back .. Im wondering has anyone tried any of the watter wetters such as red line blue ice or royal purple in place of there antifreeze .. I have seen amazing results in my mustangs i built over the years with red lines watter wetter .. Im very curious about this in out set ups as it may be a great alternative to the extremly pricey thermostat ...

I have the watter wetter in mine. I never really notice any gains in hot weather.

So nitro what did u do just add one bottle of watter wetter to the resevoir tank?

? yes no

I only put half the bottle in my ski and the other half in my truck. I should of put the whole bottle in the ski.

"watter wetter" Is that made to lower the engine temp in hot weather???

Im going to add some more this week. I bought some hy-per lube at the auto store which is the same thing but a different brand. What this stuff claims is that it lowers the surface tension of the coolant allowing it to more deeply penetrate the metal surfaces at vital heat-transfer areas in the cooling system. 50/50 mix of antifreeze and water to run 6-8 degrees cooler.
    My opinion is that it wont drop the engine temp 6-8 degrees cooler because the engine temp is controled by your thermostat unless its really hot and your thermostat is wide open and cant keep the temp down below its rating. Then it will help from overheating. Im adding this stuff because your engine has hot stops to help keep cooler and maybe help on those 110 degree days that Im having right now.
    The best way to lower your engine temp is a lower thermostat but all engines operate the best at a certain temp. So you dont want to run to cool. Remember your IC is water cooled so this product wont help to run cooler air to your SC unless it lowers the air temp in the engine compartment.

+1
    So if I buy this Water Wetter (where can I get it?) and just add to the coolant tank and perhaps empty some to make room, would that be all I need to do?

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/redline3.htm
    I bought my first bottle off of ebay. Now I just go to the local auto store and save on shipping. They have a different brand but its the same thing. Just drain some of your old coolant out first then poor in the additive with the engine running so it gets mixed up.

rx4pain, r u the one getting kicked in your pic since you like pain? LOL

+1
    I thought that avatar was hilarious. How fickle is the coolant level? I have about an inch and a half to the minimum line with quite some room to max. Would it be too much to add this stuff up to the max line?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information