Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    That does not give me any comfort.

When the sender is connected the resistance load may well drag the sender signal voltage lower, but the underlying 10+ volt potential is still in there, should the sender internally become open circuit or develop a tiny spark gap.

The fuel gauge is not needed to get the watercraft running, at all. You can check fuel levels visually from the front storage area or lifting the seat. Clumsy, but otherwise effective enough.
    Yep my thinking too! Thanks again bro. Am going to ring agent see if he might have a used Polaris one lying around. Give it one more shot.

Wayne

+1

running electric fuel pump thru pulse pumps on keihin triple carb rack

Hi jetskier

Thank-you for posting keihin flow diagram I have installed this setup on my ski ( but haven't connected fuel lines as of yet) and rather than use the diaphram pulse pumps in the carbs ie: not hooking up pulse lines to the crankcase and just using the electric in tank fuel pump and fuel return (originally Ficht fuel pump) I am assuming fuel will pass freely to the carbs and if i ever have breakdown issue with the electric fuel pump i can just hook up pulse lines to crankcase and mechanically pump fuel. is there a problem with my reasoning? Will this work or do I leave the pulse pumps out of the equation or the electric pump out of the equation the easiest is just to hook up both (and not use pulse lines) i don't for see any issues the 30 PSI regulator has come off the return line in the tank and I have left it off as I believe there will be enough static pressure in the line it doesn't need to be restricted on the return line for a carbureted system to function properly and less loading on the fuel pump for longevity.) I am going to run the fuel pump via toggle switch off the brown return wire to ground. Cheers any tips appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier View Post
    Heres a dighram of how its setup. This a 3 rack carb, but i marked out the front carb. It should be close. Not sure if yours has a Accel pump are not. Pulse line comes from the lower crankcase up to the PTO carb and hooks to the pulse pump.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyv23 View Post
    Hi jetskier

Thank-you for posting keihin flow diagram I have installed this setup on my ski ( but haven't connected fuel lines as of yet) and rather than use the diaphram pulse pumps in the carbs ie: not hooking up pulse lines to the crankcase and just using the electric in tank fuel pump and fuel return (originally Ficht fuel pump) I am assuming fuel will pass freely to the carbs and if i ever have breakdown issue with the electric fuel pump i can just hook up pulse lines to crankcase and mechanically pump fuel. is there a problem with my reasoning? Will this work or do I leave the pulse pumps out of the equation or the electric pump out of the equation the easiest is just to hook up both (and not use pulse lines) i don't for see any issues the 30 PSI regulator has come off the return line in the tank and I have left it off as I believe there will be enough static pressure in the line it doesn't need to be restricted on the return line for a carbureted system to function properly and less loading on the fuel pump for longevity.) I am going to run the fuel pump via toggle switch off the brown return wire to ground. Cheers any tips appreciated

Hi Johnny, Nice to hear from you but i think you may have answered the wrong post.

If i was doing the setup i would use the pulse pump on the carbs. There very reliable, and hardly ever have any trouble with pulse pumps.

The switch to me would be a bad idea. U leave it on for a long period of time, and u could be stranded somwhere. Also may be to much pressure for the carb needles. If it pops the needle off it could fill the engine with gas. If u do figure out how to rig it safely the pump needs to cut on/off by the engine. Sort of like the bilge pump. Engine running (fuel pump is on), engine off (fuel pump not running).

Moderator if u have time move this to a new topic.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Do NOT connect carburetors on Polaris watercraft to an electric fuel pump. Fuel flow volume and pressure are way outside the normal range from the stock mechanical fuel pump.

Also multiple safety risks with electrically powered fuel to a carb engine inside an enclosed PWC hull.

If you are using carbs then use the proper stock fuel pump system. Reliable, well understood, diagnosable, no fire or explosion risks from an electric fuel pump adaptation.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Do NOT connect carburetors on Polaris watercraft to an electric fuel pump. Fuel flow volume and pressure are way outside the normal range from the stock mechanical fuel pump.

Also multiple safety risks with electrically powered fuel to a carb engine inside an enclosed PWC hull.

If you are using carbs then use the proper stock fuel pump system. Reliable, well understood, diagnosable, no fire or explosion risks from an electric fuel pump adaptation.

Hi Guys Thank-you once again for the input regarding hooking up the electric fuel pump vs mechanial pulse pumps in the carbs. the nibs are there from the factory on the ficht motor they just have some rubber end caps so hooking up the pulse lines will be easy I will leave the electric fuel pump unpowered and see if it will draw fuel. thanks again for the input. I also toying with the idea of installing a blower to purge the bilge area as the ski is fairly large and would reduce potential for any fuel vapor accidents cheers

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Electric fuel pump will have to be removed. It will not flow fuel without restriction and the mechanical fuel pump is sensitive to flow restrictions.

Polaris has a carb style retrofit fuel sender from the Freedom watercraft model. There is a specific part number for the correct Freedom fuel sender that will fit the Ficht fuel tanks.

Do the fuel system properly and there will not be a fuel fumes problem. PWC have a specific exemption from hull exhaust powered ventilation.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread Information