Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

blow off valve question

Its been awhile since I read on this, but the general consenses was that they were bad. I was wondering if this still holds true now that we have metal washers and stuff? My knowledge with blow or turbo charged car motors, is that they are very bennifical in keeping the turbo or centrifical supercharger spinning freely when the throttle plate snaps shut. I know on turbos its really bad to have compresser surge. Any new info on this?

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CarFanatic View Post
    Its been awhile since I read on this, but the general consenses was that they were bad. I was wondering if this still holds true now that we have metal washers and stuff? My knowledge with blow or turbo charged car motors, is that they are very bennifical in keeping the turbo or centrifical supercharger spinning freely when the throttle plate snaps shut. I know on turbos its really bad to have compresser surge. Any new info on this?
    A BOV is needed if you are still running the ceramic clutches...It reduces the stress on them and prolongs the chance of failure, but they will still fail...

As for the metal clutches, a BOV is 50/50...Some say forget it, while others say leave it on...I personally will be installing one to relieve the stress on my metal washers...because relieved stress promotes longer wear life...

if you are running high boost setup, it is needed regardless...

+1
    thats what I was wondering..

Wheres Jerry with his imput?

if ur rurnning a riva s3 s/c the good riva bov with the riva i/c is needed due 2 the surging u get with the riva s3 s/c last i heard jerry isnt running a bov with his rude charger if he's change i'm sure hell chim & say, the cheeper bov riva makes will stick & leak bost so ur better off not running one anyway get the metal washers

Banned User
    +1
    I just ordered an universal BOV thats adjustable...Will have it on my ski by next weekend...Even thought I have the metal clutches, and an external IC, i can still hear the SC go craxy when i hook/unhook...

+1
    I"m running metal washers and will be running jerry's new green wheel. Also adding external ic soon. blow off valve makes sense to me..

Banned User
    +1
    I"m running metal washers and will be running jerry's new green wheel. Also adding external ic soon. blow off valve makes sense to me..
    then look on ebay, find a decent priced unit like I did..$25, DONE....Adjustable also, comes with a set of springs...

OH, what IC you thinking about?

i wouldn't wast my money on a bov with that set up its just another part that can go wrong u got a pretty safe set up the only thing i would do is add the cermanic bearing 2 the s/c

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    i wouldn't wast my money on a bov with that set up its just another part that can go wrong u got a pretty safe set up the only thing i would do is add the cermanic bearing 2 the s/c

those bearings make a big difference? I can only see benifits with a bov. Its rare that a bov would go bad.

Banned User
    +1
    those bearings make a big difference? I can only see benifits with a bov. Its rare that a bov would go bad.

its their spin speed, and ability to stay together at that high rpms...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information