Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

15f rpm kit owners come in

Just got my RPM Kit. Called Impros for the prop removal tool. They said that a 14/21 prop is to big for our ski. For peak performance at top speed we should be at 7800 rpm. They said that they can repitch the prop to reach 7800 rpm for $50.00. As is it would anly bee around 7600 rpm. They also said mass produced props are not always the pitch that they advertise on the box. What do you guys think ? Should I do this or is it bogus.

+1
    I have a 06 15F with the RPM kit. I have been running the 14/21. It pulls 3 bars over 7K. I think my ski all stock pulled the same rpm. RIVA just proped it up to pull same rpm as stock after mods. The 14/21 is the right prop. I guess you could take a little pitch out, but you would loss top end.

+1
    Impros is telling me that I will gain top end. When they repitch the prop it is supposed to turn 78000rpm. Is that more or less than your turning now?

+1
    I know we have some members with the rpm kit on here. No other opinions? Anyone even heard of Impros?

Too Tall...

I would agree that it's too tall. 13.5-20 is perfect for those setups.

How many bars over 7000 is 7800 on the stock tach?

I've used Impros and love them. Their favorite ski to do testing on is the 15f so they know what they are talking about. I have a 13/20 from them. I don't have all the items from the RPM kit and mine is perfect.

Jason

+1
    Thanks . I guess I'll give it a try. I haven't installed my rpm kit yet. I'll send the prop off to them and see what happens. I hope they can get me some more top end. I would sure hate to lose some. People seem to getting 66 mph with out of the box props from the rpm kit so maybee 67 is possible with the full kit and the impros repitched prop.

+1
    Firehawk,
    I spoke with you the other day. Like I said, put the kit on, run the impeller and see what you get. There may be no reason to send it for tuning. It's not the impeller I'd run, but you may like it and be completely happy with the results.
    The ONLY way to fine tune a ski is to use a good aftermarket tach, and gps or radar it. If you're going to be reading the stock tack and make any sense of the bars and speedo, then please save us both some time and just run it the way it comes- they are not accurate, or consistent. When you are looking for actual performance improvements, you should also make sure as many other variables are consistent, ie- amount of fuel in the tank, humidity, air temp, and water conditions.

As far as Impros resume' goes, I have been in this business more than 20 years. I don't know everything, but do know that there are only a few guys that have as much experience specializing in the pump/impeller. I was in R&D for Skat for many years, and started this biz 8 years ago. We do custom impellers for many race shops, racers, engine builders and help R&D with the impeller manufactures, and PWC manufactures.

Good luck with your testing...
    David

+1
    After 7K each bar is 167rpm. David is right, if you want to tune you need a aftermarket tach and gps. Now that it is heating up a little a little less pitch may work better. I can only pull 3 bars and don't know how close I am to the next one. I can safely say I am pulling between 7501-7668rpm.

RIVA been in business for awhile, too. They put the kit parts together and I assume tested. They could have chosen a smaller prop, but didn't. Maybe you should asked them why they are using a 14/21. When IMPROS says its to much prop. RIVA said it would due 66mph at 7600rpm and it does. 7600rpm is between 3 and 4 bars. Like David said put in the complete kit, install as RIVA instructs, and see for yourself.

AJ

+1
    Let me know what happens Firehawk.
    Believe me guys, I'm not here to discredit Riva or anyone else, I am just commenting on a conversation he and I had. Riva does a lot of testing too, and many times comes up with different results than me- that doesn't make them wrong- it means there are many variables that produce different results for people. All I can do is state my results when asked, and you have to get your feet wet and see how it works out for yourself. But please, do Riva, Impros or others helping a favor and don't try to fine-tune with a stock speedo or rpm gauge.
    Take care
    David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information