+1

Loyalty is Returned: The Watercraft Journalís Readers Tell Us Which PWC Brands They P

Brand loyalty is an emotional response. Certainly it comes from a sense of satisfaction with the quality of product or degree of customer service, but the sense that a buyer will only purchase from one brand against all others is entirely emotional. It’s a dyed-in-the-wool sentimentality, and the stuff that companies would give their all to cultivate in more of its customers. Because of the value in brand loyalty, we wanted to know more from the readership of The Watercraft Journal; what brands were they loyal to and why. And while opening up the discussion to a topic like this is essentially equal to lobbing a cup of gasoline onto an already blazing fire, we thought it useful to hear from the readers themselves.

More at WatercraftJournal.Com

+1
    I would expect to see these kind of emotional responses on a Facebook page but I never cease to be amazed by the criteria people use to judge a product. There is no cause/effect relationship between what happened to a PWC someone purchased back in the 90's and what is available on the market now. The same applies for any product-the employees at the manufacturer change, economic conditions change, government regulations change, etc. It is particularly challenging for a consumer to enjoy the ownership experience of a PWC because they are a complex consumer product that is produced at the least possible cost. This results in a higher probability of failure which coupled with a notoriously weak dealer network makes for a lot of downtime for the product.

On a personal level, I spend way too much money on these things, knowing that I'm going to have problems. Everybody has a vice I guess.

+1
    You make solid points for sure, but these are the same responses you find HERE as well. It's an emotional thing to be wholly dedicated to a single brand (that was my ulterior motive BTW). Most people buy a product like a PWC not because "it makes sense" but because of an emotional response. The shape. The color. The size of the number printed on the side. I'm not saying it's right, but I am saying it's more emotional than people think.

Thread Information