Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Cool Need Input!!! PLease!! Seat On vs Off

I ran my Riva stage 3 boat yesterday and it pulls a 15/19 to 8200 out of the box. No tweaking, no nothing with the seat on. So just for giggles i pull the seat off and make a few passes. Wham, i am at 8450-8500 with blips of 8550!! Is it that normal to pick up 200-300 rpm with the seat off?? I mean it feels like a different ski with the dam thing off??HMM?? Got to 81.9 with the seat off. I don't think i would have to bend the prop if i could get more air to the dang thing? Any ideas of should i just bend the prop 2mm and be done??

RPM

Which air intake are you running?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeGoing 80 View Post
    I ran my Riva stage 3 boat yesterday and it pulls a 15/19 to 8200 out of the box. No tweaking, no nothing with the seat on. So just for giggles i pull the seat off and make a few passes. Wham, i am at 8450-8500 with blips of 8550!! Is it that normal to pick up 200-300 rpm with the seat off?? I mean it feels like a different ski with the dam thing off??HMM?? Got to 81.9 with the seat off. I don't think i would have to bend the prop if i could get more air to the dang thing? Any ideas of should i just bend the prop 2mm and be done??
    Letting all the hot air out & in comes the fresh air! Depending on the intake setup you're running will make a difference. If it's the riva rear air then I don't know, but if it's up front inside the hull thats your problem.
    I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in.

+1

Guys

I am running riva rear air. Riva stage 3 kit plus a few lilttle tweaks!

+1
    Drill some holes in the rear grab handle and install a couple of flowrites there.
    Maybe put in a fan in the front sealed really well so that it builds pressure and forces the hot air out the back flowrites you installed in the cowling.

Also maybe add more florites to get air out???

+1
    ridding with the seat off is not practical or fun either, you need to find a way to get more fresh air inside the engine compartment and probable a better air intake system

I dont know what else it could be besides an exhaut leak. Sounds exacty like a j-pipe that is leaking through the braided flex joint wires. If you remove the exhaut outlet tube from the water box and remove the water box rubber strap then lift up on the box and see how much movement you get at the flex joint. The box should only lift about a 1/2 inch. If it is all loose and wobbly the braid has loosened up.
    When lifting the water box you have alot of leverage so just lift untill you feel resistance. Dont lift so hard you break the flex joint.
    Let us know what you find.
    Steve

With that air intake there should be no difference in rpms with the seat on or off. Has anything been done to the seat that would be making cover the opening in the back more than normal? Cracked or sagging seat base. Been recovered causing an issuse? Just a couplre more thoughts???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by friebe1 View Post
    With that air intake there should be no difference in rpms with the seat on or off. Has anything been done to the seat that would be making cover the opening in the back more than normal? Cracked or sagging seat base. Been recovered causing an issuse? Just a couplre more thoughts???
    Well, the seat steals some of the flow of air over the rear intake area. I think it's just getting the full blast of air without the seat on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information