i have the mod bug!

becasue of this site i am now addicted to modding my rxp. i did mods to it this winter and it was lots of fun to learn and instal the new products! now im wanting more but don't have the money for the intercooler, so what should i do next? thermostat? i leanred so much from this site and without it i woulnd't be doing anything to my ski or know how to do anything. thanks guys

Blast: I have the PPG 158 thermo. It was pricey ($300) and I truly do not know if it really helps with heat soak. It definitely doesn't ADD outright speed. However, the Riva is cheaper. My advice is to look into a good boost gauge. It is sooooo nice knowing what boost your ski is running at all times! Or look into a s.s wear ring - another great purchase imo.

Happy spending!

-Brendan

P.S. -splashguard?

splashgaurd is a good idea, since riding in the ocean and bay is choppy maybe the splashgaurd will help with the spray some! thanks for the input!

Re: i have the mod bug!

Quote Originally Posted by rxpblast
    becasue of this site i am now addicted to modding my rxp. i did mods to it this winter and it was lots of fun to learn and instal the new products! now im wanting more but don't have the money for the intercooler, so what should i do next? thermostat? i leanred so much from this site and without it i woulnd't be doing anything to my ski or know how to do anything. thanks guys
    You can start out by buying this brand new 05 pump with a PPG bearing mod. And maybe a SS wear-ring.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    forget the thermostat at this point in the game.... there's far better things you can burn money on and see REAL gains. after you've covered more bolt-ons, then i'd "consider" a thermostat. then again, up where we live man, i hoenstly don't think it's worth it for us... maybe for a 1-2 month period it serves a purpose. If you ride in the winter time like now with water in the 30s and air in the 30s, i think the thermostat does more harm than good, IN MY OPINION. no facts to back that up, just educated conversations i've had with some people about it.

Thread Information