Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bad Turbo

Bad Turbo

...Or this is what I was told. I was talking to a lifeguard in San Diego and he had told me that their f-12x had to have the turbo replaced and the craft, in his words, was good only for freshwater. They just purchased two new FXHO's, I am curious to see how they hold up. By the looks of the Honda, I am pretty sure it was a maintenance issue on their part and not ski's fault. I am not sure of the year or the hours the craft. Just wanted to share this story.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by baba booey View Post
    ...I was talking to a lifeguard in San Diego and he had told me that their f-12x had to have the turbo replaced and the craft, in his words, was good only for freshwater. .
    Uneducated Honda people say that turbo’s go bad but in reality the WGS (waste gate solenoid has failed) about $80 to fix.

sg

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    Uneducated Honda people say that turbo’s go bad but in reality the WGS (waste gate solenoid has failed) about $80 to fix.

sg
    Is it due to lack of external lubrication of turbo and wastegate (crc 656 application)? I kind of had a feeling that the guy did not know what he was talking about. By the way, have you been back to the PWCToday forums at all? Just curious.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    NO I haven’t, I got tired of all the non-tech talk in the tech forum. I didn’t like a NO rules anything goes deal and it was getting junked up with a lot of misinformation. I found that I spent to much time correcting the misinformed. Not to mention Most of my work was being bad mouthed by the few people I banned on there. All they seem to want to talk about is How much does a Honda cost, or what oil to use.

I already know how to wax my ski and change oil LOL.

This place will become the source for true Honda performance. It will take time just like it did when I first started in 2002 on PWTC. This place has rules and will be organized soo you can find what you need and not have a bunch of off topic drivel.

As for the WGS going bad. Yes they get moisture in them and rust. There is not much you can do about it as far as I can tell. I’ve got 1 ski with 200hrs and the original WGS.

shawn

This is what a bad WGS looks like

Thanks for the information. I do like how this forum has multiple Honda Sub-catagories. I just hope we can get this place goin. On a side note, I did finally order my service manual. Thanks

+1
    they will regret the fxho.. yami electronics don't hold up in salt.

hey that's no more stupid than sayin' the honda turbo won't hold up in salt.

except the yami part has empirical evidence from coscarelli's rental business on maui.

Quote Originally Posted by NitroShark View Post
    NO I haven’t, I got tired of all the non-tech talk in the tech forum. I didn’t like a NO rules anything goes deal and it was getting junked up with a lot of misinformation. I found that I spent to much time correcting the misinformed. Not to mention Most of my work was being bad mouthed by the few people I banned on there. All they seem to want to talk about is How much does a Honda cost, or what oil to use.

I could not agree with you more. I hate going to PWC.. I think that is why all of the true Polaris junkies left and came over here. I plan on helping as much as I can here. As I used to be an auto mechanic, and I used to owen a performance shop. I currently owen and drive a olderNissan Z car that is boosting 30 PSI. I am great with boosted, fuel injections engines, so as time goes on I am sure I will be tearing apart the Honda.

[/quote]
    THANK YOU FOR THE PICS.

Quote Originally Posted by bp7000 View Post

THANK YOU FOR THE PICS. [/quote]

Hey guys, I bought two Hondas this weekend, thought they were 05's, are 04's but I love them. Dav Dman and I talke before i got them, on the wastegate lubricating...are there pics of where exactly/ what exactly to keep lubricated? The How TO section for Honda on here is really great.

+1
    " I got tired of all the non-tech talk in the tech forum. "

Sorry for throwing some gas on that fire, Shawn, but you were a moderator and had some say as to what occured at PWCToday, why didn't you push for sub catagories in the Honda section?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information