Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Posts
    116

    Upper Keys May 26th? Memorial day weekend?

    So anybody heading down next weekend? Me, Chinoo, and another buddy are heading down for Saturday. Probably meeting up in Florida City around 7-730a. We're still working on where we're going to launch but it'll definitely between Pennekamp and Holiday isle somewhere.

    Then on sunday we're going to be cruising around Miami Beach....


  2. #2
    I trim mangroves..... inothome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,483
    I'll be here, let me know where you guys are going to launch from.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by inothome View Post
    I'll be here, let me know where you guys are going to launch from.
    Currently looking for the best spot between Pennekamp and Holiday Isle. Any suggestions appreciated.

  4. #4
    I trim mangroves..... inothome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,483
    Harry Harris Park has a ramp, it's MM 92 Ocean side. The ramp only has a certain number of spots though and it fills up quick. I believe it's $20 to launch from there. That puts you directly in the ocean, a little north of Tavernier Creek. Beside that, Pennekamp and Holiday Isle I believe that's it.
    I launch from my homeowners association ramp so I am not to familliar with the public or lack of ramps. I would offer the ramp I use but there is no parking at all and they are pretty strict about the rules of the ramp. They take your ramp key away..... that would be bad.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by inothome View Post
    Harry Harris Park has a ramp, it's MM 92 Ocean side. The ramp only has a certain number of spots though and it fills up quick. I believe it's $20 to launch from there. That puts you directly in the ocean, a little north of Tavernier Creek. Beside that, Pennekamp and Holiday Isle I believe that's it.
    I launch from my homeowners association ramp so I am not to familliar with the public or lack of ramps. I would offer the ramp I use but there is no parking at all and they are pretty strict about the rules of the ramp. They take your ramp key away..... that would be bad.
    Thanx for the heads up, just noticed your in the keys yourself.

  6. #6
    tomgtv's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Weston Florida (Ft. Lauderdale)
    Posts
    1,744
    +1
    1

    Free ramp just south of Holliday Isle

    This is a good parking, so so ramp on bayside at about mile marker
    80. Teatable Key (real small) is nearest landmark on the attached
    maps.

    It's free too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgtv View Post
    This is a good parking, so so ramp on bayside at about mile marker
    80. Teatable Key (real small) is nearest landmark on the attached
    maps.

    It's free too.
    Hmmm thats a nice ramp, I'll check with everybody else but i think we were trying to launch somewhere between Holiday Isle and Pennekamp so we wouldn't have to drive so far south.

    Thanx

  8. #8
    I trim mangroves..... inothome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgtv View Post
    This is a good parking, so so ramp on bayside at about mile marker
    80. Teatable Key (real small) is nearest landmark on the attached
    maps.

    It's free too.
    I have used that ramp once, while at work. It's about as rudimentary a ramp as you can get. It does the trick though. I have seen that pretty crowded too sometimes but you can't beat the price.

    Thameth, is there a specific place you are heading to out on the water or are you just going to cruise around?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Posts
    116
    Basically the area between Pennekamp and the Sandbar......

  10. #10
    I trim mangroves..... inothome's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Thameth View Post
    Basically the area between Pennekamp and the Sandbar......
    K, didn't know if you were going out to a reef or not.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 06:41 AM
  2. Memorial Day Weekend
    By 79malibu in forum Northeast
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 08:22 PM
  3. good memorial day weekend!
    By addicted in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 08:37 AM
  4. Memorial Day Weekend
    By RXPinMD in forum Northeast
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-23-2007, 07:42 AM
  5. JAX riders, Memorial Day Weekend party!
    By ashstott40 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2006, 07:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •