Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BAD NEWS!

BAD NEWS!

I have come to the conclusion that I must have some of the worst luck when it comes to certain things....

I have maybe 13-15 hours on my boat (I honestly dont know and im sure anyone reading this with one of these boats knows why) and the supercharger washers have exploded, I knew immediatly what had happened and shut it down and idled back to the dock, however after turning the motor off it didnt act like it wanted to restart, though it finally did.......

I checked the supercharger impeller and its spinning freely so they are obviously somewhere in the motor... I do not feel like I am driving this boat in a way that is inconsistent with its design, and from what I have read the boats dont typically experience the failure, mustless this quickly.

I pray my dealer knows what to do and I wont be off the water forever and a day, I will be as nice to them as possible and will try desperatlely to get the metal washers in there while they are working on it. Hopefully Jerry can speed some washers to me if they ok putting them in during the repair, otherwise I will let them do their thing then replace them after the fact. I wonder if Sea-Doo has updated the part to list the new metal ones coming in '08?

Good luck man, I hope you get your rid eback soon.

If your dealer says it will be a few weeks, maybe he can give you a loaner? The $ you spent versus the little bit of time you had it out.

Sorry to here about your bad luck. But you were warned. I hope your dealer knows what to do. In any case your motor has to come out. Your gonna need both covers Two new oil pumps and misc other parts. Make sure the dealer doesn't jerk you off. You will need these items.Some dealers say we'll just clean it out.Thats a no no. Make sure they do it right
    Check out Shibbys post on super charger failures. It will give you some good info. Good Luck
    Last edited by Dr Len; 05-21-2007 at 12:01 AM.

James! NO! I am so sorry, I genuinely feel for you, man. I thought bad luck was isolated only to me. I haven't been using mine, because the my lake is down so far, and I was going to send my SC off for the washer operation soon anyway, but I'm not even going to start mine again until I do now. I wish you the best of luck with the ordeal, and GET WELL SOON!

-Scott

Well I hope if nothing else people now will realize the problem is very real and can happen to the boats just as easily as the jetskis, so change those washers before putting yours in the water again. I was planning on doing it at about 20-25 hours anyways, I wasnt that worried since people were saying it shouldnt happen to the boats.

Oh shite dude , sorry to hear the news

Looks like it does effect the boats after all. Next on my list is the washer change

Hope you get it all sorted soon man.

Lee

o shit that sux i was at travis this weekend and we where at the ramp talking about my ski i told him i had not done that. He said hell you need to this week. I was like ok then he came back from his truck and gave me washers yes gave me washers. But good luck with it.

That seems surprising he would just have the washers laying around and would give them away considerings they are $90, but if so then that is awesome. I wont be able to do anything til tuesday since the dealer is closed monday, I wish I would have done the washers right away but serves me right for being foolish and gambling.

I wouldnt get too worked up when something goes wrong, when you have warranty.. The guys without warranty are the ones who should worry about installing the stainless supercharger washers right away..

Ya, we know this is a problem, along with the hour meters too..

Thats why i purchased the extended warranty, for situations just like this.. Hell i hope my engine blows up just before the warranty runs out so i get a new motor for free..

Bombarder makes horrible snowmobile engines and i guess some of the parts on the jet boats are not that great either, and you would think by now that they would find there faults and fix them,like the guys on this site do (stainless washers/stainless wear rings)

I got another 4hrs on my boat this weekend, ive got about 15hrs on it now... ive got to change the oil this week before next weekend when its going to get a real workout..

Quote Originally Posted by speedsterpimpin View Post
    That seems surprising he would just have the washers laying around and would give them away considerings they are $90, but if so then that is awesome. I wont be able to do anything til tuesday since the dealer is closed monday, I wish I would have done the washers right away but serves me right for being foolish and gambling.
    yea i know it sounds crazy but 6 other guys from our group will back it up! Good luck on your ski.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information