Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The wost luck yesterday

Well, I went to the lake yesterday. Everything started off good. Got in the water and got going up the lake. I wraped the GPS cord around the right handle bar. The next thing I know the throttle cable came loose form the triger, thanks to the GPS. So I got it fixed, and continiued to ride. With full tank of fuel I am running 58.2 on the GPS. Also the stock speedo is very accrute. I notice no runing change with the pro reed cages, and leaning the cen. carb. It still was acting funny at high RPM as it was befoer. Well then it dies. The way it died I knew that something was not right. So I breake out the paddle. I learned that I can paddle it .8 MPH going up stream with a good amount of head wind. So I paddled for an hour. Only three boats come by. The third boat comes by and offers me a ride. So I get a lift to by friends place. That was as far as I could get them to give me a lift.......

Well my friend who is always there on the weekends, was not there. So, I was able to find an older couple to give me a ride back to the the van and trailer. So, I am now with van and trailer going back to pick it up. When I got there I noticed that one of the gide rails on the trailer is not standing up? A bolt had come out of it and it was laying on the fender of the trailer. I then had to paddle the boat to the ramp. Well as you can see I had one hell of a bad day.

I hate days like that...................

I think the strange RPM problem was the stator on its way out.

+1
    I think we've all had days like that.
    It reminds me of one time Kevin and I went out and I lost a cylinder in the stage II, 3 hour ride back at 5MPH-no sun screen, blah..........
    We were half tanned LOL

Did you mean half baked!!!

I also found out that the starter will push the ski .5 MPH. Yea I was board.

I too had a very strange day trying to enjoy the lake time. This was my first time out this year and I always go alone to make sure both ski's are running good, if I have to make repairs nobody is waitng for me.

1. Got up early to get out to beat traffic, connect trailer to truck and my lights don't work, spent 1 1/2 hrs to find out it's not my trailer but the wire harness on the truck, Decided to go to the lake with out lights.

2. Got to the lake took the polaris out first I had made some mods this winter and wanted to make sure they worked, had to fight with Large boats, so decided to go to a new part of the lake took a wrong trun and got lost, good thing ski was running good and my gas gauge was working (one of the repairs I did this winter). 3 hrs later got back to the truck.

3. Switched to the Kawasaki to make sure it was running, got out on the lake and looked at the gas gauge and 1/4 tank of gas (old age is setting in ) so cold not go far but it ran well.

4. Put both skies on the trailer, went to the parking lot, tied everything down, took off my wet suit (that I really did not need) and bumped into the truck door and it shut. I look into the window and there was my keys and cell phone on the dash, and yes the door was locked. had to wait for 1 hr until sombody came into the lot with a cell phone. Called the wife and had to give her directions how to get to me, she's not good at finding her way around where we live let alone going to another state to find me so now I'm thinking is she going to ge lost trying to find me?
    1 1/2 hrs wife show's up with spare keys

What is sad here I was stuck at the lake with two running ski's and I had to sit on shore and watch other's playing. By this time all I could do is laugh

My four hour shake down trip took 9+ hrs, but the skis ran good.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    This was quite a few years back. Went to Otis Reservoir. It's like 6 times bigger then the lake I normally ride on. Pretty much had a hard time finding my way back to where I started anyway. Well try it with a blown head gasket. Coming into shore I got a EPO on my tail. "Your making a wake!" Yeah I know I'm just trying to get there my day is done, Engine trouble. No ticket, the highlight of the day. Transmission went on the blazer on the way home. The previous owner had it rebuilt and a line was rubbing on a metal bracket. Bye bye tranny fluid. Made it home barley. It was a most expensive day.

Rodney, please let me know if your stator did take a dump. I need to test mine, Took mine out for the first time yesterday and it would not charge or show any rpms on the mfd. I need to know what resistence everything should be..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information