Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help! Ulta 150

Exclamation Help! Ulta 150

Hi guys im new to forums so bare with me!! ive got a ulta 150 that wont turn over 6800 rpm .. is this normal? its got 140 hrs. and new prop.

Exclamation Help Ultra!!

oh yeah forgot to add it will hit the rev limt. out of the the water no problem. but in the water it HA! no were near the 8000.

Well first off, Welcome to the GreenHulk forums

6800 sounds just fine on a close to stock 150. The limiter on your OEM CDI is set at 7400 I believe, so it usually takes tripple pipes to make you have to change to something with a higher limiter.

I'm guessing you're going off the display on the ultra as well. It's not always perfectly accurate. Most people buy an aftermarket tach so they have a better idea whats going on.. This is the guy I bought mine from.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tiny-...spagenameZWDVW

thanks brandond, also what are some good sites to get engine diagraims.

Help Ultra!!

also what grade fuel is save to run... my damn girlfriend put 87 in it .. so thats why i think it sloe of the line.. but can i runn 100?

Go to kawasaki.com. Click on enter site. Click on Jet Ski Watercraft under acessories on the menu, then click on Ultra 150, then click on parts diagrams

Or, lol.. just let me know exactly what you need to look at..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kawtopend.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	25332  

Have you made any modifications to the engine? If not then it should actually run better on 87 than 100 as that is what it was designed to run on. The higher the octane, the higher the flash point and the harder it is to burn.

If you've put heads on it then you will have to run a higher octane or you will have detonation. That is when the fuel ignites prematurely. If that happens much you're going to be seeing a repair shop and needing a hefty wallet.

Exclamation Help Ultra!!

ive just got a prop.. im looking at doing heads nexts seems like a good start. its really sluggish of the start. more so then when i first got it. its 7 years old. what should i do to do a good "tune up"

Well,
    Check your fuel and oil lines for cracks. Alot of people have had issues after the 4-5 year mark. Buy yourself a decient compression gauge. Put all your spark plug boots ont he grounding post.(the 3 prong thing hanging off one of your cylinders Remove one plug at a time.. Hold the throttle wide open while while cranking.

The service manual says the compression should be between 98 and 155. From what I've seen other people post most stock engines are between 120-130 If you end up right around 100 and especially if it's lower, consider rebuilding your top end.

You may also consider rebuilding your carbs. At 7 years.. it couldn't hurt.

Other than those things.. I can't really think of much. The 1200 is a very very reliable engine.

What prop did you have installed? You really won't see anything from it until you put heads on it as it takes a bit more power to turn it.

I HIGHLY recomend putting a shreadmaster rideplate on it. Especially if you're riding with your girlfriend. The handling is like night and day.

+1
    A Solas 16/20 is the prop for a stock or slightly modded 150. If pump is shimmed for a close fit to the prop your out of the hole acceleration will be superior to the OEM prop. Even though 87 octane fuel is OK by the owners manual I have never used anything but 93. Todays fuel looses octane much too quickly...especially when stored in a plastic fuel tank like those on PWC. I have always pre mixed synthetic oil at a 100-1 ratio along with the stock oil injection. I have never fouled a plug doing this (still using the original plugs with over 80 hrs on them) Pre mixing will help save your engine should a malfunction occur with the oil injection. Always better to be safe than sorry. The Shredmaster ride plate is a must have for this ski.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information