Which ski for fishing????

Hey all,

I am looking to buy a jet ski and then rig it with a cooler holder and a few rod holders and gps and transducer.

I am wanting to buy it so I can do small state water runs and bay runs to fish and troll some.

I know NOTHING bout jet skis reason I am asking y'all.

I would image I need a larger one to have the racks n rod holders put on.

Any input is appreciated, thanks

2. +1 by:

Hey Bam,

You are looking for a 3 seater model. The Sea-Doo GTX or the Waverunner FX series, they are both stable and 3 seaters. Be sure to get the non turbo and non HO lines, more things to go wrong when your 15 miles out, better gas mileage and range. The GPS and transducer are best shot through the hull back by the jet pump as it is a single hull there, use silicone not epoxy. I would recommend the Sonar Phone by Vexilar, it is a wifi system and is easy to install. For the storage of fish and gear and rods and reels, look at the Maverick Fish Hunter line of products, its a bracket and baggage system, the other option is the cage and cooler set up, they are dangerous as they block the riders egress from the water if you ever fall off. I've been PWC fishing for over 7 years, if you have any questions just ask, no troubles.

+1
    Not sure where you are located, but the Yamaha SUVs hard to beat for fishing. I recently finished my 3rd 4-stroke conversion, put some hours on her, and posted on CL. Add a rack and fish finder.

https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/6080773684.html

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Maverickfh View Post
    Hey Bam,

You are looking for a 3 seater model. The Sea-Doo GTX or the Waverunner FX series, they are both stable and 3 seaters. Be sure to get the non turbo and non HO lines, more things to go wrong when your 15 miles out, better gas mileage and range. The GPS and transducer are best shot through the hull back by the jet pump as it is a single hull there, use silicone not epoxy. I would recommend the Sonar Phone by Vexilar, it is a wifi system and is easy to install. For the storage of fish and gear and rods and reels, look at the Maverick Fish Hunter line of products, its a bracket and baggage system, the other option is the cage and cooler set up, they are dangerous as they block the riders egress from the water if you ever fall off. I've been PWC fishing for over 7 years, if you have any questions just ask, no troubles.
    Thanks for the information, its amazing the information on here and The Hull Truth, they are the ones that sent me to this page. Yea def seems like Yam is the way to go.

Now most of the people over there are telling me to get the Yam FXHO version, your saying no, got ya. Yea def don't want a million features as it will be strictly for fishing. I will check out the Maverick stuff like you mentioned.

Seems like I might ant a cruise control feature as I am going to trolling for kings and spanish.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaboy15 View Post
    Now most of the people over there are telling me to get the Yam FXHO version, your saying no, got ya.
    He meant SHO and SVHO which are the supercharged models. The HO is the one you would consider since it is not supercharged.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaboy15 View Post
    Hey all,

I am looking to buy a jet ski and then rig it with a cooler holder and a few rod holders and gps and transducer.

I am wanting to buy it so I can do small state water runs and bay runs to fish and troll some.

I know NOTHING bout jet skis reason I am asking y'all.

I would image I need a larger one to have the racks n rod holders put on.

Any input is appreciated, thanks
    I have both 14 fx svho and fx sho. And love fishing out of both.. but I would say the fx sho with the lumbar seats is bar far the most comfortable... Where in Alabama are you from?

Thread Information