Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Exhaust Manifold hitting body

I played in the surf for a couple of hours, and when I was cleaning the ski afterwards noticed that the exhaust manifold had touched the body (red mark on manifold from gelcoat).

Specifically its the forward edge of the manifolf (with the "supercharged" logo) touching the inside edge of the engine compartment opening. The clearance there is normally about 15mm.

Anyone else seen this? Everything seems tight and firm and I've had no problems with the ski.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by bulletboy View Post
    I played in the surf for a couple of hours, and when I was cleaning the ski afterwards noticed that the exhaust manifold had touched the body (red mark on manifold from gelcoat).

Specifically its the forward edge of the manifolf (with the "supercharged" logo) touching the inside edge of the engine compartment opening. The clearance there is normally about 15mm.

Anyone else seen this? Everything seems tight and firm and I've had no problems with the ski.

I have not. But I would look at the motor mounts and mount perch for sure. That`s motor movement and it sounds like a lot.
    Check the bolts for proper torque.

If your motor did indeed cock over to the side wall then your mounts are toast. Might even have the dealer look at the coupler and spline shaft to ensure no warping in it.

Check the motor by trying to rock in the the hull. Grab it from the side and do a hard push and pull. That way you can see if the mounts are toast.

Message for Skip

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    If your motor did indeed cock over to the side wall then your mounts are toast. Might even have the dealer look at the coupler and spline shaft to ensure no warping in it.

Check the motor by trying to rock in the the hull. Grab it from the side and do a hard push and pull. That way you can see if the mounts are toast.
    Skip,

I'm fed up with your bad advise. How long have you been jetsking ? I told you guys in a previous poste that this detail should be checked...such as the support of the intercooler.
    It's look like your project is only to make money on ultra's owners, especially those who are newbies.

How could you think you can rock an ultra engine in the hull that easy ? There is no reason why the mounts be toasted, unless they have at least 80-100 hours, running in the rough...
    The engine is very eavy, and it's just a simple modification that needs to be done.

My Ultra is over 72 mph with a stalker pro, and i'm dead sure half your advices don't provide any gain, but a huge hole in the money pocket. So for other people that trust good sense, i'll give free, cheap mods.

I like this forum, but there's not only one post where you don't advice your "magical findings"...

By the way...Riva sponsons are useless... Not only you won't gain any speed, but loose stability, and risk to be thrown at every single corner. To be quick, you have first to stay on your ski... (This is another tip of good sense..).

You won't tell you what to do with your time/money/or what else..but you have to learn humility. As far as runabout are concerned, You still have to learn...

+1

Hey Whooper.....lay off

Hey Whooper, Skip gave a reasonable reply. If you don't like
    it, suggest something else, but don't attack him personally.
    He doesn't make any money on all the stuff he does and writes
    about.

Public forums demand good citizenship, no matter what. I would hope
    that you refrain from these type of outbursts.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Whooper View Post
    Skip,

I'm fed up with your bad advise. How long have you been jetsking ? I told you guys in a previous poste that this detail should be checked...such as the support of the intercooler.
    It's look like your project is only to make money on ultra's owners, especially those who are newbies.

How could you think you can rock an ultra engine in the hull that easy ? There is no reason why the mounts be toasted, unless they have at least 80-100 hours, running in the rough...
    The engine is very eavy, and it's just a simple modification that needs to be done.

My Ultra is over 72 mph with a stalker pro, and i'm dead sure half your advices don't provide any gain, but a huge hole in the money pocket. So for other people that trust good sense, i'll give free, cheap mods.

I like this forum, but there's not only one post where you don't advice your "magical findings"...

By the way...Riva sponsons are useless... Not only you won't gain any speed, but loose stability, and risk to be thrown at every single corner. To be quick, you have first to stay on your ski... (This is another tip of good sense..).

You won't tell you what to do with your time/money/or what else..but you have to learn humility. As far as runabout are concerned, You still have to learn...

Man, wtf is wrong with you, how the hell is Skip making money on people? Considering he doesnt have a shop or store?, you are the one that has a problem, Wheres the help to get other people to your supposed 72 mph?
    Im tired of seeing your negative post, Why dont you go join another Forum? Thats all I have to say on this subject.

here.. http://pwctoday.com/

Your attitude will fit in better there.

I don't have a 250 (yet) but I enjoy reading skips testing. Thanks Man

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Skip,

WTF Whooper? May I suggest that you channel your energy in a positive manner? How about sharing your vast 250X knowledge and mods by stating posts on mods you've done? The guy has stated many times that he buys stuff and reviews for his own personal gain and posts it here for others to see, maybe it gets comped, maybe not, maybe he's well off, dunno, but looks like he's doing ok for himself, and in his racing. I can see, and have seen here, that peeps have shown a bit of what i believe is financial jealousy. He may or may not be the best mechanic and he may or may not be brand new to the sport, i don't know. Some learn much faster than others so experience does have value, but old dogs can learn new tricks too. What i do know is that he sharing info big time which is what we are here for, not to be attacked. Feel free to disagree and back up with your point of view. More info the better. We're all big boys and can make our own decisions. You'll naturally gain respect from others by posting your knowledgeable advice.

Gees - all that helped me address the problem

Anyway - I've checked the mounts as best I could and there seems to be no movement of the engine. HOWEVER, what I did discover was that the fibreglass in that are can flex quite a bit. So I'm thinking my body most likely hit the seat in a odd way doing a jump.

This is a great forum and has been really valuable to me (helped me buy the best ski on the market)! It would be a shame to see it turn into a flaming contest.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

I will say that I can come off as a real arrogant biotch at times and wish I could learn a better way to communicate.

As for what I do, well its my passion.

I just wanna help with what I know. Getting kicked in the balls is pretty common around here so I don't take it to heart to much.

Now for a history lesson. The follow is a photo display of my experience with racing and performance runabouts.

Regardless what you think you know the manufactures will always suprise you. If you think for a moment that you know it all then your already been passed by. Never will I allow a chance to pass me because I think I know it all.

Again thanx guys, it fuels me to do even a better job helping with free info when reading that its truly appreciated.

As far as the motor mount lasting 80 to 100 hrs???? Ive had brand new boats break a mount. Defects happen I was just giving some advice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information