+1

Cool Cavitation problem solved!!!!!

Well after alot of troubleshooting, iv'e found my problem. I have STAGE 2 minus the wedge, nopas, filled ride plate holes, rotax 158 thermo, tweaked 15/20(from dealer) Here are the things ive checked and checked again through information ive searched from SD.NET and GH.net, not to mention the patience Jerry has show through many pm's

1) checked carbon ring: started engine without firing it off to see if the rubber boot was wobbling, cleaned the carbon ring of any silicone or wd-40 that may have collected on it. Checked to see if I was getting any pressure from Riva front cold air intake(anyone who has dealt with these know that they sit VERY close on top of the boot, I believed it was possible that after a hard hole shot the engine was torquing enough to mash down on the boot causing an opening for air to leak though) NOT the case in my situation.

2) checked wear ring and pump seal, even pulled the riva intake grate and shinned a flash light up through the pumpshoe to closely look at how the pumpseal and pump felt with my hand all the way around where they mated against the pumpshoe( all was good)

3)Checked motor mounts

4) Hooked up with friend aka M.O.D. Turbo Todd and new riding friend Lafajax We pulled his pump (15/20 tweaked) and mounted it on my ski, he did have a wedge, but I just wanted to see if any cavitation still existed!!!
    The ski JUMPED out of the water (scared the crap out of me) At this point I went back to the ramp and we swapped pumps and spent the day riding. Next thing would be to change props!!!

5) Put a Impros tweaked stocker being a 12.5/20 in my pump. The ski once again jumped out of the hole, my hole shot was nice, the ski turned 8150 HARD! Not that the tweaked 15/20 in which I was using was bad at top end, it was turning 8100 but had BAD cavitation at a dead stop.

If you've had similiar problems and are scratching your head check your props if the trailing edge has been messed with, mine was jacked up, ill take picks of the prop and the trailing edges later and post them!!!!
    Last edited by Rendog; 05-20-2007 at 08:52 AM.

Excellent! Good to know! I would have bet it was the alignment or a soft front motor mount!

+1
    That stocker is a good prop already! I have an impros tweaked stocker 12/19.75
    & it pulled better than the 14/19 & 15/20R but not as good as the 3 blades.
    I had the same problem as you with the cavitation but I ended up going to adjustable rings.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddy River View Post
    Excellent! Good to know! I would have bet it was the alignment or a soft front motor mount!
    speaking of alignment..Look at my C ring. The motor hasn't been moved. This is from the factory.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp 006.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	152.3 KB 
ID:	25342  

Sounds great, Rendog. Good report!! Glad that problem is solved.

+1
    Rendog what does M.O.D. mean? P.S. DONOT tear up my 12.5-20 and dont hate the player hate the game.love Todd

+1
    You know what it means BOY!!!!!!

Thread Information