Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

+1
    It looks like the ski is way to far back on the trailer frame. Move the winch stand forward and maybe relocate the bunks forward too. A friend and myself used his older Triton elite double to pick up 2 new (large) Seadoos which sat too far back on the trailer. The trailer was too short for the bigger skis and when we hit 65 mph on the highway, the trailer started to pull side to side and almost pulled us off the road, and we were towing with a Ford Explorer. We couldn't move the winch stands any further forward due to the length of the older trailer. You should be careful with your setup as just looking at your pictures suggests the ski is way to far back. Good luck on what you decide to do. PS Replacing the older trailer with a new (longer) Triton Elite solved the problem as the skis could sit further forward in relation to the axle.

+1
    That's interesting that you say that... I thought this trailer was huge. I didn't know the new triton trailers are even longer!

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by speeder View Post
    That's interesting that you say that... I thought this trailer was huge. I didn't know the new triton trailers are even longer!
    Triton made, and makes, several model versions of the single PWC trailer.

The longest Tritons were called Elite, longer frame and a longer tongue. Torsion axle too, which is my preferred axle.

Triton also makes several 'budget' models that are shorter overall. Triton has also made the newer PWC trailer generally longer than old versions of the same model. Weight ratings were also increased. Circa 2000-2003? they got longer. Then again somewhere around 2010?

PWC have generally been getting bigger, wider, longer, and heavier over the last twenty years or so. My own 2008 Triton Elite double can barely fit a Kawasaki Ultra 300 hull, even with the winch stand set all the way forward and a trailer tongue extension.

+1
    Is it possible to move the axle forward or are the brackets for mounting it welded to the frame? By looking at your side view picture the axle should be moved forward & the ski should also move forward, if the mounts aren't welded to the frame you will have to experiment with moving it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information