Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RGUN View Post
    There are further examples of that trailer configuration online. Initially I was under the impression it was modified but it looks like with the exception of the ability to remove the tongue, or forward portion, the trailer may be stock.

ex: http://www.revsfullthrottle.com/new_...anufacturer=48
    Thanks for finding and posting this. I wanted to put on a spare tire, and wasn't sure where to put it. It's interesting to see that the axle does come from the factory set way back on the frame.

It's an amazing trailer. Very light, hauled it back from Lake Havasu to BC with the FX on it - 1600 miles - without a single hiccup. Didn't even know it was back there most of the time.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by speeder View Post
    Yeah. Ideally, I'd like to move the ski all the way forward, then the axles forward enough to have a reasonable tongue weight. Somewhere around 150 lbs.

I had seen another thread about a formula that would calculate where the axles need to be to result in a desired tongue weight given the weight of trailer and load. Will have to look for that again.
    Before you decide whether to move the axle, start by moving the bunks back as I posted recently.

Get the ski off the bunks and reposition the bunks as far back as they can be put. That might get you most of the way there. Then shift the winch tower and hull forward just enough to get the ride plate fully onto the bunks.

Tongue weight can be higher than 10%, more tongue weight is not a problem from a handling and safety perspective. In fact, more is better.

If necessary buy a better tongue jack. I like the Fulton F2. Nicely made, rolls well, wheel lock actually works.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speeder View Post
    Thanks for finding and posting this. I wanted to put on a spare tire, and wasn't sure where to put it.
    Triton makes a rather nice aluminum spare tire carrier that allows the spare wheel to be secured with a padlock. Sometimes spare tires get stolen, nice to be able to lock the wheel to the trailer.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
    Speeder I suggest befor jumping to conclusions that you call triton and ask them about the trailer you have. If someone did cut it then Any good welder could easily repair it. Don't listen to people telling you otherwise but it could be like this from the factory. As for the tongue weight you can just use a bathroom scale under the jack to see how much weight is on it.
    Good advice....you can place a cross beam under the trailer parallel to the axle in front of your wheels, then place a bathroom scale under the hitch, jack the wheels very carefully off the ground using the beam, look at hitch weight on the scales....you can use this to find your perfect centerline axle point. I have my double trailer set at 145 pounds. I work at a fabrication shop ( side job)and this is how we would fix this... we are in Texas.

+1
    I am posting pics of my 2007 Triton LT-WCI just for comparison.
    There are no splices that are bolted together and no external wiring or wire splices.
    I have a pic of the trailer GVW label somewhere.

Granted, this is a leaf spring axle trailer.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0661.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	411883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0664.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	411884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0999.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	411885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0997.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	135.2 KB 
ID:	411891  
    Last edited by K447; 05-02-2017 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Leaf spring axle

+1
    Good spot for the spare tire. Out of the way yet easy to get at, when the time comes.

+1
    Here is an exploded view of the 2008 Elite WCI trailer from Triton.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tri2008ewci.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	411975  

+1
    @mwend Nice job keeping your trailer in such good condition. Looks brand new!

Do you find that with the position that the ski sits on your trailer, that the tongue is very heavy? I've resigned myself to the fact that it will never get to that 10 to 15 % tongue weight ratio, but I'd still like to be able to pick it up to move it around my back yard.

+1
    Thanks
    ....trailer gets washed too along with the wave runner after each use.

I've estimated the tongue weight at 150# with fuel tank full. More than 15%, yes a tad. I plan to get the weight ratio this summer
    (possibly near empty and with a full fuel tank). I can move it and roll it around but I doubt I would want to roll it to my backyard alone. My garage, well no problem there

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mwend View Post

I've estimated the tongue weight at 150# with fuel tank full. More than 15%, yes a tad. I plan to get the weight ratio this summer
    (possibly near empty and with a full fuel tank).

I can move it and roll it around but I doubt I would want to roll it to my backyard alone. My garage, well no problem there
    You know you can loosen the winch strap and slide the hull back on the trailer a foot or so, then the tongue will be really light for moving the trailer around by hand. Lock the winch after shifting the hull on the bunks.

Winch it forward again when you hook it up to the tow vehicle.

150 pounds on the trailer ball is fine, when hooked up and ready to roll down the road. Especially if it would be lighter with the fuel tank empty.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information