Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

can Ultra 150 sit in water,tied to dock without sinking

can Ultra 150 sit in water,tied to dock without sinking.....I wonder about this...my Brothers TS650 has sat next to his dock in the water for 5 years...he works on the lake too, and rides this ski to work about 12 miles from his dock...and ties up against dock at work....no ski floats here....and its bone dry, never takes in any water 5 years later

im not really confident on the Ultra 150 sitting in water for any amount of time without sinking though

I plan to buy a ski dock float....but still would like to go to friends for the weekend, and tie ski to dock....but I'm afraid it will sink...lol

I would not keep that ultra in the water 24/7

+1
    We had a rental lake house and i kept my Ultra (and XLT1200) in the water overnight for 2 nights. Didnt have any issues with water coming in

I haven't left in the water over night....I'm buying ts650 next month so I can do that .....jut wish I didn't have to buy a second ski just to have one at dock....I don't like trailering a ski to the water....I want to leave it on my dock,and just walk down to ride it anytime I want

when I can afford a ski dock,I'll keep ultra on it....and just have to take TS when I'm staying a friends over weekend.....just wish I could take ultra

+1
    Just because the boat doesn't leak today doesn't mean it won't leak tomorrow. The factory washers on the drain plugs on the Ultra 150 suck. Replace with poly washers used on garden hoses.

Also, the driveshaft seal can start leaking without warning. It doesn't take long to fill it to the level where electronics are compromised. A little more water and it's in the engine.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    possible to do that..... but not recommended (0:36 )

I'll get some of those washers

ill lk only keep the TS in the water....the flat hull is reliable floater, lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by moko View Post
    I'll get some of those washers

ill lk only keep the TS in the water....the flat hull is reliable floater, lol
    You have a TS? I've always considered those to be payback for dropping nuclear bombs on Japan during WWII.

+1
    Whatever ski you end up keeping on the water, you should think about throwing a bilge pump in. No sense not spending the ~$100 on the pump versus sinking the ski.

10. +1 by:

Great idea....I'll get a pump

Lol Steve ...they don't turn sharp and slow...but there good for being low to water and stable ....and carrying stuff

my friend turned (modded) a TS into a fishing ski ,with swivel seat on back lol

ill get a ski dock for the ultra....I guess I've got spoiled with how well the TS stays dry,I think one reason is flat hull doesn't sit pump and shaft as deep as v hull does

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information