Thread: Which Prop?

Which Prop?

I have a friend of mines that just purchased a 07 RXT.He wants to put a 3 blade prop and a air intake (ONLY). I advised him that this is an addiction but he swears that thats all he is doing.Which prop would work for him?

its bets the 4 blade for this little mods

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by luismendez25 View Post
    I have a friend of mines that just purchased a 07 RXT.He wants to put a 3 blade prop and a air intake (ONLY). I advised him that this is an addiction but he swears that thats all he is doing.Which prop would work for him?
    Luis, tell him to put the solas 14/17R prop alone with the air intake, in my opinion this two mods are the best bang for the buck for this 3 seaters skis, i gained 150 peak rpms in my ski after the Riva power filter mod alone sorry bro i am biased, right now i can't recomend the skat 3 blade prop to him or ANYONE else in this board after the poor performance that i get with both of them, first with the 15/18 and later with the 15/19 (with the 15/18 my ski was CAVITATING like a mofo from the hole and only get a best of 71.9 MPH reading in my Gps and i was all over the rev limiter @ only half throttle, later with the 15/19 it was a whole different story, absolutely no cavitation from the hole with incredible holeshot performance and acceleration but very poor top end speed only (73.9 MPH @ 8350 peak rpms @ WOT) just for comparison purpose today with my 4 blade solas prop i was doing 75.6 MPH @ 8400 rpms with some flash to 8450 with the glove box in (i ussually gain another 50 rpms and a honest .5 MPH increase in my Gps when i take it off from the ski, so this mean that i can do 76 + MPH any day and any time in my local 90 deg weather with this prop in SALT water.
    Last edited by GPR/STX-15F/RXT; 05-20-2007 at 07:29 PM.

does salt water make a diffence in speed?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GTI06 View Post
    does salt water make a diffence in speed?
    Yes, there is a really big diference between fresh and salt water speeds, just to give you a clear example, all my locals moded stage 2 RXP'S are doing no more than 72 MPH in the top end, also when the guys from the east coast come to our riding area to race our skis they complain that all their skis lose between 200 to 300 peak rpms and 1 to 3 MPH in the top end, do you want to know what they are doing wrong??, they tune ALL their skis in FRESH water, ussually when he go up there the oposite happens, ours skis gained more rpms with a increase of 1 to 2 MPH in the top end, last year my buddy Israel Padilla and me SMOKED all this guys skis when we went up there to a attend a drag race event, my buddy was spanking 80 + MPH moded RXP'S and i was doing the same to a moded RXT like mine that was doing 75 MPH + in radar.
    Last edited by GPR/STX-15F/RXT; 05-23-2007 at 10:14 PM.

so what causes the difference. Salt water less dense?

+1
    salt water is more dense

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    salt water is more dense
    very much like myself

Thread Information