Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    getting waterlogged hotrod_sxty8's Avatar
    Doo knots, after almost a year since the fix my GTX's fuel gauge still works.....
    Scott s. I'm not sure on the fuse rating.

hey guys I have a 2000 XP and as you know the gas tank is in a pretty impossible spot is there a fairly easy way to get to the baffle? THANKS!

Alright figured it out. Removed the seat and there is a six inch round access hole right above the sender performed bridge just as the tutorial said and it worked great fuel sender up and going again! Pictures were a great guide

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by explude View Post
    Alright figured it out. Removed the seat and there is a six inch round access hole right above the sender performed bridge just as the tutorial said and it worked great fuel sender up and going again! Pictures were a great guide
    awesome

+1
    I have a 99 GSXL that had a non-functioning fuel baffle and this method worked like a charm. I don't understand why the top section had to be cut out so I just cut the bottom section where the fuse was located. Took out the fuse and soldered the joint and now it works beautifully. I was also a little scheptical about the plastic welding but the idea of using the zip tie as a filler also worked perfectly. Saved me lots of $$$!!!! Thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fast96HX View Post
    I have a 99 GSXL that had a non-functioning fuel baffle and this method worked like a charm. I don't understand why the top section had to be cut out so I just cut the bottom section where the fuse was located. Took out the fuse and soldered the joint and now it works beautifully. I was also a little scheptical about the plastic welding but the idea of using the zip tie as a filler also worked perfectly. Saved me lots of $$$!!!! Thanks!
    AWESOME ! glad it worked for you ! yeah the top cut was just for me to inspect the connections at the top. But, the lower cut is where the fuse is at.
    Glad the plastic welding worked well for you also !

+1
    Awesome my guage stopped working and I checked the float and it was okay. I will do this repair and post back!!!

+1
    Did this repair and it worked great!! Only thing I saw was that when testing the float does not recongize fast movements of the floater. Also on the circuit board I had a little hard time getting the solder to stick because the board we sweating a bit, but finally got it. Took the ski out and it works great!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by GSXRYDER View Post
    The gray fuel lines have killed more seadoos than anything. Get them out of your boat before your carb filters plug up and you end up melting a piston...the expense of that is quite substantial...
    PLease listen to this quote ,rather than spend so much time fixing a fuel gauge,yet go and leave the bum grey fuel line from seadoo all in place,If it hasnt plugged your carb filters up partially yet ,it is because you have never put fuel in your doo,anywhere there is a restriction or a connection of the intake fuel line such as going into petcock or going into carb,if you cut open theend of the fuel lines you will see the clear inside is turning into a softish green slimy mess,And even if you clean and rebuild your carbs it will gunk up again very soon unless you replace that grey fuel line with true alchol resistant black fuel line,PS if you do it yourself you can get it much cheaper at an auto parts store ,because it doesnt say boat on it,yet is ten times better than the sea-doo grey POO!!!>Marvin

I just bought a working baffle for $5 (+$6 shipping) on ebay. 3 hours later I had it in my 98 GSXL and it works great!

If anyone has figured out a way to rip open the speed sensor and fix it lemme know!

Last edited by d0n; 08-04-2008 at 10:23 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information