Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    +1
    Damn Don that was a killer deal!

Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Damn Don that was a killer deal!
    yeah i was diggin it!

The deals are out there... you just have to be patient.

I did this item and then tested the ohms. The ohms were going fine but when I plug the unit back in i'm still not getting any reading. The float didn't feel like it had anything in it so i'm not sure what's up. The gauge lights up when the key is inserted and all the bars flash full (the startup test) so i'm pretty sure it's not that. Are there any spots in the line that the previous owner could have disconnected besides the fuel baffle? He did a generic oil pump blockoff it looks like. Would a buzzer or something be in line that could cause a reading not to be sent? Or does anyone have any other ideas? I'm at a loss here.

Ben

Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicCE View Post
    I did this item and then tested the ohms. The ohms were going fine but when I plug the unit back in i'm still not getting any reading. The float didn't feel like it had anything in it so i'm not sure what's up. The gauge lights up when the key is inserted and all the bars flash full (the startup test) so i'm pretty sure it's not that. Are there any spots in the line that the previous owner could have disconnected besides the fuel baffle? He did a generic oil pump blockoff it looks like. Would a buzzer or something be in line that could cause a reading not to be sent? Or does anyone have any other ideas? I'm at a loss here.

Ben
    Are you sure the float is "floating", mine turned into a sinker and I had to replace. Now my friends (98 GSXL) is doing the same. We pulled the sending unit out and found that the float was unable to float as well.

Best of luck in the repair.

Guys this was a great post. I had one of my lines break off at the top of the baffle. I found this post and welded it back with zip line. This saved me big $$$

+1

testing fuel gauge

Guys , My fuel indicator went blank or to zero saturday from home to the lake.(1997 GTX) Had a full tank and good reading when I left home and when got the lake no reading at all. Everything else worked fine. I get no bars when connecting lanyard. Tried to check ohms from sending unit wires with a 1/2 tank and get no reading. Anything else to check before I dive into the fuse replacement in the float assembly? I read the threads about replacing the fuse which were great. Thanks for any help. Me and electrical gremlins are not the best friends. I did the paper clip test and get full bars.
    Last edited by Dixieboy; 10-03-2008 at 05:42 PM.

I cant seem to find this fuse on my 96 SPX's fuel baffle. It just went out all of a sudden and it annoys me to no end. My 95 SPX also had it go out, but the gauge is bad so I am not too worried. Where shoudl I be cutting on the 96 SPX baffle?

+1
    I just repaired mine this weekend. Look at the photo in the thread. Don't cut the upper hole. Be careful to cut just over the curcuit board and not into the tubes on either side. I used a hack saw for the two cross cuts and a small high speed cutter wheel for the two paralell cuts. I cut about a 1" square out I would say starting at about 1 1/2" down from the collar flange. Worked great, now if the weather would just warm up. I also replaced all old tempo lines as many have warned of these as problems.

+1

thanks and question

Guys , thanks a ton for this post. I fixed my GTX by following these instructions, very easy. RX951, you are the man. Good luck crazy685. This is the best ski forum!
    Also, Sould there be a fuse added in line or is this a concern?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixieboy View Post
    I just repaired mine this weekend. Look at the photo in the thread. Don't cut the upper hole. Be careful to cut just over the curcuit board and not into the tubes on either side. I used a hack saw for the two cross cuts and a small high speed cutter wheel for the two paralell cuts. I cut about a 1" square out I would say starting at about 1 1/2" down from the collar flange. Worked great, now if the weather would just warm up. I also replaced all old tempo lines as many have warned of these as problems.
    This is exactly what I did last night. Soldered in a small piece of wire. Went from a junk sending unit to a working one! Can't ask for a better deal than that! Cut down an old GSX-L unit to fit in the XP-951 X4 tank. Works great!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sending unit fuse repair 2.JPG 
Views:	952 
Size:	282.6 KB 
ID:	114739   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sending unit fuse repair 3.JPG 
Views:	796 
Size:	286.2 KB 
ID:	114740  

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information