Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

jetting 44's on sl750

I was told but some people over on pwctoday that yo guys were good with the sl's so I thought I'd try posting herre also. I didn't know if I should post this in performance or tech but here it is.
    I have a 94 sl750 with 44mm sbn's and can't seem to get them dialed in right. They came on the boat and I haven't tired to re-jet them yet. I wanted to see if anyone could help me get close. They are now 2.0 needle 125 mains 59 pilots. don't know the pop-off, and there is a restrictor in the return line. All the same for all three cylinders. The boat has a 650 dry pipe, ocean pro f/a's, 12/17 prop and a waterbox, and bored to the max I think .090, stock ignition running around 135 comp on all three. So if anyone has any ideas let me know.

Thanks Lee

+1
    Lee welcome to the Hulk.
    I am setting up the same deal. I am going with stock 785 jetting as I and you should be running the PRO 785 CDI to get the RPM' up and into the range of the dry pipe. Search for 650 Dry pipe and you will find your answer. also check out the link in my sig for my setup.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25205

Thanks for the fast reply and info. I guess I'll try the stock 785 jetting as for the cdi I'm looking for one if you know of any for a good price. I also just pulled the fuel filter about 10 minutes ago and it was really dirty so I'm hoping that'll help out with some of my recent problems. When you get yours running let me know what kind of speed and rpm your running right now on some slight chop I'm running about [email protected] that's mfd speed not gps so who really knows. I guess I should have kept my pro1200 full limited boat but just didn't have any time to ride last year.
    Thanks again

+1
    I hope to be in the 7600 range to let the pipe come in.
    This one is a good price. Run dont walk.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CDI-B...QQcmdZViewItem

Thumbs up

nice one BD!

Thanks, For some reason I must have not seen that one I've been looking for awhile. Did you leave it timed the same set it to the 785 timing, and how did you wire it just cut off the exhuast valve wires?

+1
    I just taped up the exhaust valve wire's. The tech section has the wire dia. for the 750 to Pro convert.
    Here it is. Welcome to the land of the dry pipe good to have you aboard!!!
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...02&postcount=6

+1
    Is this you

1fastblackrx7???? if so nice buy.

That's me, I also just ordered the jets I'll hopefully try them out next weekend and see if they help. Now I just need the 4" pump. but I'll wait on that I don't think this things going to last much longer It's been rebuilt way to many times but still has the sbt crank in it with well over 200hrs so thanks to sbt. Anyway I'm just tring to kept it running this year then I really don't care I've rode it to death and it shows but I still love the old polaris. It'll still hold it's own with some of the newer ski's. I'll see if I can post some pics up later on.
    Thanks again for all the help.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    The 4" pump makes a huge difference. I got it on my 95 SL750.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information