Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

GPR broke down this weekend

Okay, I was out riding all was well running great.

Went to the dock for a drink, came back about 20 min later and the ski wouldnt start.

It is making a clicking noise, and somtimes the crank will move just a bit. Not moving like its trying to turn over, just a very small crank sound movemnent. Mostly just clicking noise when you try and start it.

I got a brand new battery charge it 100% and it did the samething so its not the battery. Check connections FINE. Thought it may be my Advent so I put the stock CDI in and it did the same.

Something is keeping the crank from turning I think. I don't know alot about the workings of this so I need some help.

What could it be? snout broke, messed up crank, flywheel, piston problem?

Like I said, it was running great. Turned it off, came back and bam can't get it to do anything. Very odd, electrical current noise with a click and what sounds like 2 inces of crank movement every 5 or so tries.

+1
    uhm....possible starter solonoid

pull the plugs and see if you can spin the coupler

+1
    any better with the plugs out ?

+1
    Could the prop be in a bind?

+1
    I only pulled the plug on the cylinder 1 and that didn't help. I haven't messed with it because I wanted to get back on the water and enjoy the rest of the day.

One time I tried it the crank started moving and it continued to move for like 15 seconds while I had the start button depressed, but it was a very weak crank turn.

This is def different from a low battery type crank turn. I put the new 05 pump and dynafly on about 3 hours ago.

Just from the sounds it makes and behavior something seems jammed, not engaging, or something with the starter. The prop shaft turns when I try to start it.

The crazy thing is that there was never a time where I felt or heard a HARD mechanical failure, which in a way seems to point to something electrical, right??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    I only pulled the plug on the cylinder 1 and that didn't help. I haven't messed with it because I wanted to get back on the water and enjoy the rest of the day.

One time I tried it the crank started moving and it continued to move for like 15 seconds while I had the start button depressed, but it was a very weak crank turn.

This is def different from a low battery type crank turn. I put the new 05 pump and dynafly on about 3 hours ago.

Just from the sounds it makes and behavior something seems jammed, not engaging, or something with the starter. The prop shaft turns when I try to start it.

The crazy thing is that there was never a time where I felt or heard a HARD mechanical failure, which in a way seems to point to something electrical, right??
    Start here

+1
    Will do.

Lets say it is something with the new pump, what would I be looking for (although im sure it will be obvious) that would keep the motor from turning?

Thanks guys

+1
    Just make sure that the bearings arent locked up, and that the prop spins freely in the impeller housing. If the pump is OK, then you will have to move to the engine and electrical. If the pump is OK, I would double check the battery cables and make sure that both are good.

+1
    Just so I know. What are the symptoms of a broken snout, damaged crank, damaged flywheel, etc.

+1
    pull ALL the plugs and turn the coupler by hand..if it's not easy then it's time to pull the head.

broken snout means flywheel would be off and if you got any engagement at all with flywheel and starter bendix , it would be as you descibe. Typically no engagement at all tho'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information