Installing Riva Rear Air.... No Snap Sound??????

I just finished trying to put the Riva adapter on to my Riva S3 SC. The problem is that I did not hear a distinctive snap just a thud when the adapter stopped sliding on. Also, there is a gap between the edge of the SC inlet and the adapter. Not large but never the less a gap. Should it be butting up with the edge of the inlet? Any suggestions? How do I take the adapter off if I want to try again? BTW I do not have a press and I was trying to install it manually.

Joe
    Last edited by joeg; 05-20-2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: left something out

Banned User
    Should be tight!! Try smacking 1X4 with small hammer if SC is out. If not be careful when prying but pry lightly and it will go.

Ok, like you said I took a large screw driver and I worked it slowly pushing it back off the inlet. I tried to put it on again and once again it would not go all the way in (no click sound again). But you gave me an idea! So I then opened my vise (I have a pretty good size vise) wide enough so that the shaft could fit through it and the SC's body rested on the vise. I took a 1x4 piece of wood and with a mallet, I was able to tap it in. Thanks for the advise and for getting my brain clicking.

Banned User
    Anytime!!
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg View Post
    Ok, like you said I took a large screw driver and I worked it slowly pushing it back off the inlet. I tried to put it on again and once again it would not go all the way in (no click sound again). But you gave me an idea! So I then opened my vise (I have a pretty good size vise) wide enough so that the shaft could fit through it and the SC's body rested on the vise. I took a 1x4 piece of wood and with a mallet, I was able to tap it in. Thanks for the advise and for getting my brain clicking.

Thread Information