Have a Question!

I was trying to find the 1/4 amp fuse that was supposed to be in the electrical box. But the only fuse I could find was in a yellow fuse holder outside of the box leading into it. I pulled the fuse out and was label 250 volt 5 amp which had a really thick filament which I have never seen before on a 12 volt system. Is this correct or did someone replace this with the wrong fuse. I have been trying to figure out why my MFD is not working and thinking this might be the reason but not sure. This is for a 1995 Polaris SL750

Dan
    Last edited by Great_Outdoors_5911; 05-20-2007 at 11:02 PM.

+1
    You have a photo of the fuse holder and/or where the wire is going to and from?

The 1/4 amp fuse should be between the red/purple wire on the board as highlighted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FUSE copy.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	562.1 KB 
ID:	25451  

Here it is

I looked inside the box again and there was no fuse where you show it was located. Here is a picture of where its located, which is right outside of the box.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	25470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	25471  

+1
    The fuse outside the box did not come from Polaris It must have been added by some one. Where does the wire lead to? (Bugle Pump?)

+1
    O.K. somebody moved the fuse to the outside of the box, probably got tired of spliting the box and replacing the blown fues due to an electrical problem or blowing the thing with jump starts (something like that).
    If it were mine, I'd check to see if you have power coming to the fuse holder, if so install the correct fuse and test for power to the MFD (same color wire red/purple), if you have power check to make sure you have ground to the MFD.
    If you have power and ground, you'll need to unplug the MFD and hope it will reset after a couple of hours.
    With the MFD disconnected I would run the engine and verify the voltage going to the battery, it needs to be in the 14 volt area.
    Let us know what you find.

QUESTION

Is there an easy way to run water through the jet ski when its out of the water?

The fuse located outside the box is attached to red/black wire, which leads to the display and the other end is connected terminal for the fuse inside the box. I disconnected the display plug to hopefully reset itself. As far as the fuse that was in they’re being a five amp, is this going to cause problems because it was so high and maybe blew out the display? I will be replacing the large fuse with the correct fuse in hoping this might solve the problem. I know the previous owner has already replaced the display once and that might have been when he moved the fuse to the outside of the box.

For the trim, I was able to get it working again by taking it all apart and regreasing all the gears in the box. I did notice a lot of corrosion around the actual motor. I notice the o-ring or seal around the shaft that turns was dry and cracked and was wondering where I might be able to get one? Is that something special or can I possibly find something o-ring kit or at a hardware store?

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You can run the ski on a garden hose if you have the flush kit installed, OR by connecting the garden hose to the water inlet tube coming off the jet pump. (Largest hose on bottom) NOTE: Either way, start the engine first, then turn on the water. Turn off the water, and then shut off the engine in that order. It's quite possible the MFD is broke with such a larger fuse installed. It is only supposed to be a 1/4 Amp fuse, that was a 5 Amp? search the tech section for the MFD reset thread.

+1
    Parts available from Polaris.

Just so I can get this right. There is 2 clear hoses and a black rubber hose leading to pump. I use the black hose to connect my garden hose to correct? Thanks

Dan

Thread Information