Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RXP Versus RXT

RXP Versus RXT

Hi there,

I currently ride a GTX DI - 2001 model. The model before they went to the bigger 330cm+ hul in the 3 seater. I am thinking about getting a new ski and was thinking about either the RXP or the RXT. The RXT ski looks such a big ski. I do most of my riding on a river so chop and waves are not the norm. I do like to have 2 on the ski at most times and do some crusing and some "playing" on the ski.

I would appreciate anyones comments on the RXP versus the RXT. I want a stable platform for 2 people and a ski that is fun to ride.

Cheers

Bret

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    from what yuou said... seems like you made up your mind, you jstu need us to help you confirm your thoughts...

RXP

if u wont see chop, aren't interested in towing, and won't ride 3-up..... it's a no brainer. RXP will be a little more fun than the RXP and obviously be faster. all the skis these days are stable, so that's of no concern.

+1
    If rough water use is not a concern. I would go with the RXP. It uses a GTI hull (pre '06 GTi) which was a 3 passenger model. It is plenty stable with 2 people. It is quicker and more playful than the RXT and costs less.

Richard

+1
    "I do like to have 2 on the ski at most times"

If this is truley the case, I would lean to the 3 seater. Vic

Well it is a tough decision for me. I would love to keep the GTX DI and get the RXP for fun. A mate has a RXT so I might have a ride. The RXT is a big looking boat!!

+1
    Hey bret,I owned the 01 gtx di and replaced it with the rxp.That gtx di can't even come close to fun you would have on the rxp.

Thanks mate.

It is great to hear from someone who owned a 01 GTX DI and has moved to the RXP. How would you rate the stability of the RXP compared to the 2001 GTX DI, that is, when boarding the craft and at low speeds with 2 people on board. I am not small at 110kgs and my passengers range from 65kgs to 105kg....

Any information would be terrific.

Bret

+1
    The rxp has much better stability than the 01 gtx di one or two passengers.In fact,my wife and I ride each a one.The rxp sure takes the rough water better than the 01 gtx di.My wife flappped her gtx di over many of times,but never flapped the rxp over.If you go with the rxp,you will love the hole shot.

Well I have one of each and from what you described it is the RXP for you.

I prefer the RXT when I am out on the ocean. Besides, most of the time in the ocean you cant really go WOT anyway due to the large waves.

When I am on smooth lake, no question, it is the RXP for me. I love the holeshot and top end as well. Plus I find it to be more manuevarable.

On a lake I use both the rxp and rxt for towing. The problem with a 2 seater for towing is that you cant really have a spotter sit backwards watching the skier (or tuber in my case) unless you plan on towing the skier back to shore.

But it is not really much of a problem because when I am towing I am not really going that fast although it may seem fast to the tuber. I usually stand up and drive and I am looking back most of the time. Usually about 30 mph tops.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by buddydoo
    The rxp has much better stability than the 01 gtx di one or two passengers.In fact,my wife and I ride each a one.The rxp sure takes the rough water better than the 01 gtx di.My wife flappped her gtx di over many of times,but never flapped the rxp over.If you go with the rxp,you will love the hole shot.
    I beg to differ. the '96-2001 GTX hull is superior in every way to the GTI hull used by the RXP. It has a deep v design and will take rough water much better. It has an amazingly dry ride. With the 951 it weighed a lot less than the RXP with it's heavy 4 stroke and is more stable with a passenger or two. It has more storage capacity. Of course speed wise, it doesn't hold a stick to the RXP. A lot of SD employees had (and still do) wish that the old style GTX hull was the one the clueless management should have chosen as the platform for the RXP.

If your wife "flapped" the GTX over, she doesn't know how to ride!!

Richard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information