Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

got beaten bad by rxt's and rxp's

hi guys,this is my first post.
    yesterday i got beaten bad by rxt's and rxp's.
    let me xplain.
    my ski has 8 hours only and revs up to about 7650.
    on the display i read only 55 which i know it complete bs.
    i raced it against 6-7 sea-doo's and got beaten up by all of them.
    they all said they were stock with only minor mods like scoops.
    from almost dead start we started equal and they slowly pulled away from me.at about 1/2 mile or 3/4 of a mile rxt's were half a ski ahead and rxp's about one.any explanation guys?water was cold,air was cold,sea was almost calm.are my revs normal?should i expect more rpm's?will my engine go faster after some hours?

How much fuel? How much do you weigh? What style of riding?

Man this sounds so fermiliar.......

we all fueled up together.i was and they were about 3/4 full.i am 75 kilos and the others were much heavier,100+kilos.salt water.any kind of riding.i am pissed skip...i will install the r&d seal shoe kit and later on the wedge.what should be the top rpm?i will gps mine this weekend to be sure i am ok.as we were side by side they started pulling slowly ahead.any suggestions?

You can expect to be beaten by the RXP. The RXT is a bit odd but it could have hidden mods.

Before you go dumping some good cash you should read the TeamMoto Blog for the Project.

Relax and learn how this sleeper is "slowly" waking up. Its a watch the clock game at this piont......

I agree with you on the mods.I dont trust these guys.But not heavy mods i am sure.I read the TeamMoto every day.So far i received the r&d deep fuel pick up line and the pump shoe kit.I dont plan to spend a fortune just to gain 3-4 miles.Reading the TeamMoto blog i concluded that the best mods are the shoe kit ,the r&d fuel pick up and the wedge.where is the best place to buy the wedge?I live in Greece and nothing is available here.
    how many rpm's does your motor turn?should i wait a "wake up" later on?

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    hi guys,this is my first post.

yesterday i got beaten bad by rxt's and rxp's.
    let me xplain.
    my ski has 8 hours only and revs up to about 7650.
    on the display i read only 55 which i know it complete bs.
    i raced it against 6-7 sea-doo's and got beaten up by all of them.
    they all said they were stock with only minor mods like scoops.
    from almost dead start we started equal and they slowly pulled away from me.at about 1/2 mile or 3/4 of a mile rxt's were half a ski ahead and rxp's about one.any explanation guys?water was cold,air was cold,sea was almost calm.are my revs normal?should i expect more rpm's?will my engine go faster after some hours?
    I have 35 hours on my RXT and my friend has 6 hours on his Ultra. Contrary to all the discussion I am hearing on this forum, they pull identically out of the hole. The both had ½ tanks of fuel. My RXT pulls slightly away at about 100 yards and then the Ultra pulls away in the 1-2 footers. Both skis are absolutely bone stock... no mods whatsoever. My RXT is turning 8,100RPMS with a stock prop. It probably runs so well because I broke it in right. The Ultra sounds mean when it hits but the RXT stays right with it. I will GPS them this weekend. I would have thought that the Ultra would have blown the RXT away out of the hole, but it doesn’t. I am disappointed! I’m sorry, buy I still like the ride of the RXT, it just feels better than the Ultra (except in the rough sutff).

sorry to hear about your bad luck against the sea doo's

the first thing you need to do is the pump wedge.it is a must to get that pigs(the stock ultra) nose up a little bit . it is absurd that the ultra 250 doesnt have power trim but thats another story

yesterday i raced my first rxp (the 2 seater)

we were dead even in the calm water but i killed him in a light chop . from a dead stop we seemed about even on acceleration

i have an ultra 250 with 10 hrs on it , i have the pump wedge and the ram air mod .

he had the 06 rxp , he said he had an intake grate and a 21 pitch prop

luckily i was on 2 bars of gas when i ran into him

once i get a good rideplate , prop , and intake grate on my ultra i bet i will put a hurtin on that rxp

GOOD LUCK

Last edited by GDM; 05-21-2007 at 09:24 AM.

Wink

My 250x runs 69.5 in light chop.
    Buy the pump seal kit, secondary muffler delete, block-off plate`s and wedge at R-Rated performance.
    www.r-ratedperformance.com 1-723-606-1163
    Also fill the ride plate holes when your finished..... You`ll spank them sea-doo`s..

+1
    If the RXP had a 21 inch prop and was stock, he would be slower than slow. The aftermarket Solas recommended for a stock RXP is a 13/18. If he had a Stage one the prop would be a 14/19. Even with a Stage 3, the prop would be 15/20.

Richard

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information