Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

How to become a DRC member

A few people asked me what they needed to do to become a member of the DRC. Most recently at the Texas Round Up, I was asked this question. I have a feeling that many more will ask if they can be a DRC member at Mudbug, so I have decided to list the criteria that must be met in order to be a member.

1. You must be atleast 50% Italian. If your not 50%, you damn sure better look like it.

2. You must have a modified Yamaha watercraft. If you own a stock Yamaha, don't waste our time or yours on trying to be a DRC member.

3. You must take great pride in your watercraft. It must be clean, both the hull and deck, as well as the engine compartment.

4. You must take great pride in your personal appearance as well. You can't be an out of shape fat slob, or a wormy skinny boy. You must be physically fit. Facial hair is a plus, and may allow you to become a member if your slightly lacking a robust physique. When I speak of facial hair, I mean a trimmed goa-tee or beard. Cheesy Tom Selic mustache's will get you laughed at.

5. You must be willing to wrench on your watercraft and other members watercraft at any hour, day or night. It is very important that the DRC machines are always running in top form. It is perfectly O.K. to lie on your garage floor under the watercraft for hours trying to find .3 mph, infact this behavior is encouraged.

6. You must be willing to drink beer at anytime, day or night.

7. You must be respectful to other members of the DRC and to the outsiders. However, if someone has it coming to them, don't be afraid to get criminal on them. Basically, treat others like you would like to be treated.

8. After you win a drag race (which should happen often), don't brag. If the now humilated outsider has questions, just smile and tell them you are with the DRC, they will quickly understand. Give the guy a beer and give his girlfriend a ride on your ski, this will make them both happy, and it will be something they won't forget, ever.

9. If your wife or girlfriend has another brand of watercraft and she also wants to be a DRC member, its O.K to let them think they are part of the DRC, but, one day they will wonder why they never received there DRC sticker.

10. If you can't find humor in any of the above criteria, you can't be a part of DRC. We like to laugh, drink beer, win races, and have a good time.

+1
    You forgot #11.

11. You must buy a new GPS every 3 weeks for some reason.

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    Dam Im out on the first two rules, but I own every mob movie made. What if your an Italian born and trapped in a anglos body...Still wont help me with #2 though oh well

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    You forgot #11.

Actually if I decide to add a #11, it will be never question or make smart ass comments about the founding father of the DRC.

+1

DRC Rules and regulations

If I may expand, add, and clarify a bit...

Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    A few people asked me what they needed to do to become a member of the DRC. Most recently at the Texas Round Up, I was asked this question. I have a feeling that many more will ask if they can be a DRC member at Mudbug, so I have decided to list the criteria that must be met in order to be a member.

1. You must be atleast 50% Italian. If your not 50%, you damn sure better look like it. You must be able to whip up good spaghetti sauce from ingredients from a Stop-n-go

2. You must have a modified Yamaha watercraft. If you own a stock Yamaha, don't waste our time or yours on trying to be a DRC member.
    And that means no visibility spouts on modified craft either.

3. You must take great pride in your watercraft. It must be clean, both the hull and deck, as well as the engine compartment. It should look and feel like a can of dippety-doo blew up and slicked down the craft-Guido style, Also water should bead and roll right off the craft into the person behind you while underway.

4. You must take great pride in your personal appearance as well. You can't be an out of shape fat slob, or a wormy skinny boy. You must be physically fit. Facial hair is a plus, and may allow you to become a member if your slightly lacking a robust physique. When I speak of facial hair, I mean a trimmed goa-tee or beard. Cheesy Tom Selic mustache's will get you laughed at. Pork-chop sideburns demand extra points.

5. You must be willing to wrench on your watercraft and other members watercraft at any hour, day or night. It is very important that the DRC machines are always running in top form. It is perfectly O.K. to lie on your garage floor under the watercraft for hours trying to find .3 mph, infact this behavior is encouraged. You also must be able to maintain complete concentration when working on crafts while being picked at by other members of the DRC

6. You must be willing to drink beer at anytime, day or night. You also must be able to fart like a trumpet, and recite either the song "Mary had a little lamb" or the ABC's while belching.

7. You must be respectful to other members of the DRC and to the outsiders. However, if someone has it coming to them, don't be afraid to get criminal on them. Basically, treat others like you would like to be treated. This means sucker punches to the kidneys and back of the head while they are not looking.

8. After you win a drag race (which should happen often), don't brag. If the now humilated outsider has questions, just smile and tell them you are with the DRC, they will quickly understand. Give the guy a beer and give his girlfriend a ride on your ski, this will make them both happy, and it will be something they won't forget, ever. Its OK to talk shat about them amongst the DRC Crew only AFTER they leave.

9. If your wife or girlfriend has another brand of watercraft and she also wants to be a DRC member, its O.K to let them think they are part of the DRC, but, one day they will wonder why they never received there DRC sticker. See DRC rules and regulations #2

10. If you can't find humor in any of the above criteria, you can't be a part of DRC. We like to laugh, drink beer, win races, and have a good time. Must follow the chain of command, so if Brandon says to F.O. , then F. O.

+1
    DRC how about DDGW lol

DAMN DAGOS GONE WILD watch out

+1
    Funny stuff Rich!!! Another thing that should go without saying is the following.

If there is a project on your watercraft that is too big for a DRC member to handle, WFO is the only tuner we utilize!!! WFO proved this past weekend he can still wrench and take deep nasty drags off his cigarette while be harrassed by me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    You forgot #11.

Wait, "somebody" lost a second one?

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    What about a guy from jersey, that IS italian, and lives in the same town as a few alleged wiseguys?

hah just kidding. I don't want to join you boy band anyway

Rich, did you get my PM?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Wait, "somebody" lost a second one?

Thats the rumor. I wish I could have seen it, I'll bet there was some cussing going on.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information