Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Wish you would've posted that originally. I could've saved you some money. The brakes on a single axle are rated for a 3000lb load, which is far more than most people will be hauling on a PWC trailer, even with two big three seaters, a jam packed toolbox & extra fuel jugs. I was gonna do the same & Triton told my dealer(Riva) that brakes on 2 axles would be WAY too much for that size payload. I have at least 30K miles on mine & the pads were still barely worn when I replaced them a few months ago.

No, no oscillation at all. They are very smooth & actually work so well that it doesn't even feel like you're pulling a trailer when you brake. I've had to get on the brakes hard at 80 mph when someone cut me off & didn't feel the trailer one bit. The only slight thing I notice is when I'm only hauling one ski on it. It tends to pull to one side a little when braking a bit hard. I think it's just due to the loaded braking wheel getting better traction than the unloaded side.
    Hey thanks for the offer.

Apparently CA requires both axles when brakes are installed. In fact, the manufacturer sent with brakes on one axle and a second axle with brakes had to be ordered because of the CA regulation..

All in, I paid $4800.

Trailer shopping? Read this first!

This thread is just mind blowing. Double axel two ski trailer?

Aluminum trailers that weigh nothing are for people towing with a Honda Civic.

Someone with a lifted heavy duty truck worried about towing skis? Get a drop hitch or set 3-6" drop.

Anyone tow anything besides these skis? They're non-existent behind your average pickup.

80mph with trailer tires? What are your tires rated to? 65 tops though they'll probably never get hot at these light weights.

You don't even need brakes legally until your gross trailer weight exceeds 3000lbs pretty much in every state.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly2Ski View Post
    This thread is just mind blowing. Double axel two ski trailer?

Aluminum trailers that weigh nothing are for people towing with a Honda Civic.

Someone with a lifted heavy duty truck worried about towing skis? Get a drop hitch or set 3-6" drop.

Anyone tow anything besides these skis? They're non-existent behind your average pickup.

80mph with trailer tires? What are your tires rated to? 65 tops though they'll probably never get hot at these light weights.

You don't even need brakes legally until your gross trailer weight exceeds 3000lbs pretty much in every state.

Just wanna say, I appreciate your point of view.

But from my perspective, I enjoy my purchases. Even if it is over-kill, it makes me happy. "IMHO" it is no different than building a 95mph jet skis - it is over kill, but it makes me happy!

I recently picked up a Shadow Trailer Shad 3 LX to haul around mine and my kid's ski's. I am impressed at how well it pulls. Shadow makes a quality trailer.
    Charles
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1566.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	172.2 KB 
ID:	417641  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesM View Post
    I recently picked up a Shadow Trailer Shad 3 LX to haul around mine and my kid's ski's. I am impressed at how well it pulls. Shadow makes a quality trailer.
    Charles
    Sweet rig!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post
    Hey thanks for the offer.

Apparently CA requires both axles when brakes are installed. In fact, the manufacturer sent with brakes on one axle and a second axle with brakes had to be ordered because of the CA regulation..

All in, I paid $4800.
    Besides the 2nd axle brakes we have pretty much identical trailers, same options, & I paid about the same. You got a good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post
    Just wanna say, I appreciate your point of view.

But from my perspective, I enjoy my purchases. Even if it is over-kill, it makes me happy. "IMHO" it is no different than building a 95mph jet skis - it is over kill, but it makes me happy!
    +100
    Agreed! For someone who drives 1/2 hour to their local riding spot, brakes & dual axles are overkill. For someone who travels a couple hundred to a couple thousand miles to explore different areas, it's well worth the peace of mind. That second axle means if I lose a tire or a bearing on a dangerous road, in the pouring rain or in the middle of the night, I can just pull that wheel, keep on truckin' & fix the problem when I get where I'm going. And if the brakes keep my out of an accident, it's well worth the extra expense. I've had to emergency brake at highway speed pulling just a single trailer, & even with that light of a load it was tricky keeping control. If it had been raining, I would've been SOL. Spending a little extra on your tow rig is only overkill until you're broke down on the side of the road wishing you hadn't tried to save a few bucks.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information